View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 00:13

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermannHesse
It's the sheer puppetry of it that bothers me. Congo-ing with your neighbours - somehow arbitrarily linked to VE day? It's just cringy and conformist. Humans can so easily fall into step, exhibiting drone like behaviour - so easily driven to behave like everyone else. Platoons should be for soldiers, not civilians. Those humans could be any other humans. There's nothing unique or individuated there.

Maybe I'm a miserable moron, but I would never join any of these groups. Not least, as it is undignified to the cause (Millions died. What a pretext to fart about in the street) If I wish to commemorate VE day, I'll do it with my own thoughts, in my own way. Not through these low level expressions of human conformity.
It's a good job you don't live in my street

If you didn't join in with the weekly clapping or the VE celebrations you more or less get named and shamed on the local neighbourhood watch Facebook group. The way so many human beings behave like sheep and then guilt trip others into acting the same way has depressed the hell out of me recently

Also, my neighbour shared a video on Facebook where a bunch of young men were gathered in a group in the park. My neighbour included some pretty irate language about how people not following the government guidelines are putting others at risk and how the lads 'should do us all a favour and catch the virus and die'. Nice. This is the same neighbour who's daughter keeps moving from one household to another with her boyfriend. Everybody has something negative to say about other people breaking the rules but they always seem to think their own excuse is somehow acceptable. I'm hating the hypocrisy of it all. The phrase 'those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' springs to mind.