View Single Post
Old 5th January 2018, 15:24

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: Anxiety Overload

Thank you for all your condolences and good wishes, as I lived and cared for Mam it has been a wrench.

Les I can only imagine what you are going through on your own, it is very hard with the help & support of my brother and sister. My brother is taking care of the arrangements, solicitor etc.

Fortunately I don't have a funeral to attend, as my mum left her body to Medical Science. The hospital were fantastic about it, when we told them of her wishes, they asked for the paperwork and said they will do all the arrangements. That was level 10 anxiety (I was worried they would not accept the body, as they can decline if they don't need it). But 2 hours after we left the hospital the university rang up and thanked us for the donation and asked if anybody was left to visit her,when we said no, they said they would pick her up this morning.

My mum used to be in the "Casualty Union", years ago when she was younger, they are the people who play the casualties in mock accidents for the emergency services. So as far as she was concerned, leaving her body was just a step up from that.

I am starting to feel less stressed now, as the worst of the phone calls are over, we just have to go on Tuesday Morning to register the death. But we are using their service to cancel her pension and attendance allowance etc. which saves a load more calls.

Thankfully I have a few more days of work, as my head is spinning, and my sleep (or lack of it is all over the place.