View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:15

Mood
Devilish

Default Re: The Exercise Thread

Hey Button,

Interesting split you’re trying… Did you make it up yourself? Working out on and off for two years I’m guessing your body has become accustom to progressive overload, with that in mind you should probably throw in some periodization and maybe even some micro-cycles to get the most hypertrophy which I assume is what you want the most? And being an ectomorph you don’t need to worry too much about fat gains unlike us meso’s!

I’m not at all saying you’re wrong so please don’t think that! But why don’t you try something like this?

Monday: Chest (4 exercises, 4 sets of 8-12) Triceps (3 exercises, 3 sets of 8 – 12) Calves (2 exercises, 3 sets of 25-30 reps)

Tuesday: Back (4 exercises, 4 sets of 8 – 12) Biceps (3 exercises, 3 sets of 8 – 12) Abs (2 exercises, 3 sets of 25-30)

Wednesday: Rest or HIIT if you’re up for it (will help your gains as long as you keep the eating up, and aid recovery)

Thursday: Shoulders (4 exercises, 4 sets of 8 – 12) traps (4 sets, 12-15 reps) calves (2 exercises, 3 sets 25-30reps)

Friday: Legendary leg day! (4 exercises, 3 sets of 12 – 15reps) abs (2 sets 25-30 reps)

Saturday: rest of active recovery

Sunday: rest or active recovery

If you follow this for 3 weeks, then change the reps to 6-8 then another 3 weeks change to 4-6 then after 3 ramp it up to 10 – 12 then the final 3 weeks to 8 – 10 you’ll see a huge difference in size and strength.

What are your macros like/ what you eating?

Tuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonlane
Ok so i've been working out on and off for close to two years and getting nowhere. (I didn't realize just how much I would have to eat.)I want strength but the gains I desire are more for superficial reasons. To look good, build confidence etc... (and why not) I'm going to make this a priority. I will post up progress reports on here every now and then for motivation and accountability. I'm an ectomorph and a hard gainer so this challenge is big.

Kevin Levrones off season look where he used to shrink right down is what i'm going for or Kit Harrington in Pompei. I don't want to get huge but do want a body transformation.

This will be my body experiment but also a social experiment. Will peoples first impressions of me differ? How will women react differently? Will peoples reactions change at all? It'll be a fascinating experiment to carry out. My biggest area of focus will be my diet. Eat clean, eat healthy but because I want to build muscle....eat ALOT.

Workout plan. Operation Body transformation Bitch to bad ass.

At the gym on Mondays and fridays. It takes alot for me to go to the gym, and its another reason why i'm creating this post.

Monday - Chest / Shoulders / Triceps

Tuesday - Legs/Abs

Wednesday - Back / Arms (bicep)

Thursday - Abs

Friday - Chest / Shoulders / Triceps

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Abs/ Back / Arm (biceps)

Anyone that wants to join me on this 12 week Journey is more than welcome to. Week 1 begins tomorrow......Lets do this!