View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:09
Banned at own request

Default Re: Why Do Socially Anxious/Depressed People Isolate Themselves?

Why would depressed people isolate themselves?

I think they isolate their selves cause from my experience depressed people don't usually receive positive attention from others. Idk, but I think some might receive or think they receive a bit negative attention from lots of other people. People don't like negative attention. They also dont feel optimistic which makes it harder to do some stuff.

I know I think people view me in a negative way.

Why avoid contact from friends and family?

I'm still a teen, but I don't feel like always following my mums advice. Sometimes the advice just looks like an extra thing to complain about. Like another user said, maybe avoiding family/friend contact makes one feel like they're moving on in life.

Even though, they feel isolated, why would they stay isolated instead of seeking help?

As I said, lack of optimism and maybe lack of motivation. A few days ago I felt a lack of motivation it was hard for me to do much. I dragged myself out though cause I had to buy some stuff and with the lack of motivation, I felt extra SA, which makes it harder to communicate with anyone.

Isolated people isolate themselves, makes their depression worse.

I agree as I felt extra SA and a lack of motivation a few days ago. But when I went to the shop to get the few things I needed and wanted, I felt a bit more optimistic to do things I want to do. My wants also felt a tiny bit more possible.