Thread: School
View Single Post
Old 6th November 2018, 17:07

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: School

I always found it a nightmare too.
I couldn't get there for pick up and walk up to where other parents were so was always ridiculously early.

My eldest wasn't a mixer but the other 3 used to get invited to other peoples' houses for tea. I couldn't invite them back though, just couldn't deal with other people, even kids) in the house. Also couldn't make meals for anyone who did come back the very odd time it happened.
I know this impacted on my kids as other mum's would say "no don't invite him, you never get invited to theirs" but I just couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried. They have all grown up with friends despite this.

I never volunteered to help in the classroom like a lot of mums, it was only when my daughter was in year 5 I started to help with transport for sports events. It wasn't easy but I managed it despite being terrified every time.
I think I managed to push myself a bit further when it was the kids, it was only once they got older and didn't need lifts etc that I had time to think more and fell apart.

I used to think my kids would be better off without me too but they wouldn't have, I did my best and they know that (apart from the son who wont have anything to do with me but that's a different story) 3 of them are very sociable and outgoing so try not to feel bad, an anxious mum isn't always a bad thing.