View Single Post
Old 16th September 2009, 20:39

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgraham
Sorry. that was terrible. I've dishonoured the spirit of the thread.
I LOLed, so that was *exactly* in the spirit of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastra
I did kareoke for the first time ever on Sunday night and it went pretty well I think The announcer complimented me on my outfit too which was cool.
Jeez, that would be my personal nightmare. I believe Karaoke is Japanese for 'utter public humiliation being forced to by so-called friends'. But great you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelJ
I'm trying to breathe life back into my dead social life...
Hope you're still doing fine!

Yay to FuzzyDuck, Icklebitt, Birdofprey, mb86, Kaim, Befals, hgraham and Emmyclaire for talking on the phone or making small talk to strangers!

Well done to moddy, SSI, diluted and loner1 for overcoming the small buggers of everyday life!

I went to my garage today... for the third time in two weeks. Why? Because the bloody mechanic didn't listen to me when I went there for the first time! I needed to do my annual service and MOT. So I phoned them up, made an appointment and told them what had to be done. When I handed in my car I told them one or two things that might be needed to be checked. When I said *again* that I was there for a proper service he just told me something about a special offer, blah, blah, cheaper, etc. So when I asked, whether that included new oil and oil filter etc. he said no. So I told him to do that please. I think that could have been a hint for him, that maybe we weren't talking about the same stuff. He was however more interested in offering me cookies and telling me (wrong!) directions how to get home from the garage. To cut it a bit short, turned out they just made a kind of superficial check, not checking and exchanging for instance brake fluid, valves etc. So when I got there to get my car I got the note that my annual service was due! Gaaaaah! Not only had they made a completely superfluos 'check', it also meant I had to come back again. I was furious inside. But it got even better. When I drove home the signal for the cooling system went on. I checked and had to discover that the tube-thingy from the tank to the system had come off, so no water whatsoever in it. I tried to fix it so that I could go back to the garage, but as there had already got air into the system I was lucky it didn't do any bigger damage. For that occasion I already had decided to suit up, wearing heals, make-up and a bun as I was sick of not being taken serious. I had to wait for over an hour while they fixed it, but they didn't even dare to ask me to pay for it. HAH! There! And today when I went there again to finally have that service done, I was stern, with a hint of annoyance in my voice... and they were very eager to give me a good fix price in advance! They even vacuumed my car!

But why oh why did it need so much hassle from my side? Anyway I'm happy I stood my ground.