Thread: Being dumped
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2013, 19:30

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Being dumped

Your situation sounds very similar to mine, so I can completely sympathise. I got dumped over text though back in August after a long-term relationship and it's taken me a while to get to the point when I can finally now move on.

Do you have any family you can talk to? For me, I was fortunate that I had someone to talk to and could release my emotions to.

In the short-term your mind will be racing, so doing small things to keep busy really help, even if it's just doing the ironing or washing up, cook a meal etc. Small things to keep you going and progressing. I would feel terrible when going to bed, so I would read until I got tired and didn't have to think about her any more before going to sleep. I found the first month to be the hardest.

I know it doesn't seem like it now, but things *do* get better, and I've had the exact same thoughts that you mention. I've found my experience has forced me out my comfort zone a bit too, so I'm trying a night class and doing more exercise as a result, so I can definitely take some positives from it.

Not sure if my advice is helpful to you at all but if you need someone to talk to then feel free to message me. Keep your chin up mate.