Thread: Being dumped
View Single Post
Old 6th January 2013, 12:06

Location: I grew up in sunny Cardiff and moved to Exeter in 2004.
Default Re: Being dumped

My ex broke up with me face to face after 4.5 years together, most of which we'd lived together. It wasnt a nasty break up, and we promised eachother we'd always at least be friends. For about 6 months we stayed friends and it helped me a lot overcoming her dumping me. During this time she even got a new boyfriend, which wasnt very nice but i dealt with it and i never said anything to her in a negative way about him or anything like that.

Then one day when everything to me seemed fine and that the friendship was working out well and she was happy with her new guy, she just cut me from her life. Stopped replying to texts and answering my calls and emails. She never gave me an explanation. That was in late 2008 and to be honest it still effects me now. To just be ignored like that by the person who id been most close to in life, my first love and best friend, it was so painful.

I often think if shed just sat me down and explained she couldnt be friends anymore, then i would have been able to move on much quicker than i have. Its horrible to be sort of left hanging like that, to not know her reasons and to have unanswered questions. The fact that she was always such a lovely person and we never really argued made it harder, because i just couldnt get my head around how she could do that to me.

Ive never hated her for it though or blamed her. I try and see it from her point of view, because she must have had good reasons for what she did. She probably thought what she was doing was best for both of us in the long term. I dont think she was right about that, but she wasnt to know that.