View Single Post
Old 15th December 2019, 23:32

Default Re: Have you ever been 'de-friended'?

I have recently but I don't think it was just me, and I kind of have to someone else... but I'd not call it ghosting as such.

One was an online penpal I'd been speaking to for a few months pretty much daily for a time. She was from Spain and was moving to the Netherlands for a job.
Seems she took the clean slate saying a bit too literally as she hasn't bothered with Skype since and deleted her other profiles, both on the Penpal site and her Facebook was deactivated too. So kind of got ghosted, but so did everyone else.

The second one I'd probably not really class as ghosting as I basically told the person I wasn't comfortable with us speaking. But then again I didn't reply back after telling her that.
Long story short this was a girl in England who contacted me through the same penpal site and became quite obsessed with me. She sent me some things through the post without my permission (including a card scented with her perfume), all she did was cause drama and complain about her boyfriend. It almost sounded like she was trying to find an excuse to breakup with him and I wasn't getting involved with that.
And on Skype video calls if I wasn't constantly chatting she would get moody thinking I was ignoring her (and she had these calls lasting hours).

So I told her that she was causing all kinds of drama and I wasn't having a good time with it all and didn't feel like doing calls. Kind of giving her the hint.
She sent me some messages like "can we chat" and such that I didn't reply to. Just she was causing a lot of drama out of nothing. Plus was acting creepy!