View Single Post
Old 24th April 2011, 23:17

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: The Great Relationship Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveGirl
Most single men on SAUK seem to be fearful of women and we live in a world where men usually make the first move , SA men find this hard so the results will reflect this.
More so, we live in a world where men are expected to make the first move. I don't think SAUK men are fearful of women, I think they are fearful of rejection (isn't that what SA is about?). I think you'll find SAUK women are just as fearful but they don't have to worry about it nearly so much because women get approached far more than men.

It might not be popular with the women on this site but imho it is significantly harder for SA men to pursue relationships because unlike women they aren't very likely to be approached and will have to do the approaching if they want a relationship. I suspect I'm not the only person to believe this is the case.

I'm currently in a relationship but unsurprisingly I've managed to get over much of my fear of rejection. I was single for quite some time before because of my fear of rejection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phool
BTW - we did a poll of age and gender at new year and men outnumber women 3 to 1 on this site. So results reflect that ratio.
No they don't Straight men are almost 5 times more likely to be single than those in relationships, whilst women are roughly 50% 50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
This is the reality and there is no point whinging about why things aren't different.
I totally agree, but it's bullshit to deny that it isn't harder for men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
i've always thought SA is a more acceptable flaw in females.
It might be a more socially acceptable flaw in females but I believe the major factor is that men are the ones who are expected to do the approaching. Women on average in my experience seem petrified and just won't approach. The will do anything but make an overt approach.