View Single Post
Old 14th August 2021, 22:01

Default Re: When people try to have a laugh with you

The Costa response sounds good to me, Moksha. I probably would have said something similar myself. Or the times when I'm not feeling my best, then I probably would have just laughed and smiled as a response.

As for the waiting room, I find it can be draining at times to match someone's high energy level. Especially if you are in an environment where a high energy level isn't the norm. A library for example. Although a situation did happen once where the energy level went very high! It was a while ago. I was sitting a few chairs away from this guy, who basically just kicked off big time! Now I can't remember why this guy kicked off like he did. I can't even remember the book that I was reading at the time. But what I do remember, was how I was pretending to read this book, while this guy was wrestling with 2 security guards. So there I was, giving the impression that I was fully engrossed by this literature masterpiece. While also pretending that I didn't hear the words “He's just kicked me in the balls!!!” And even after hearing that, without skipping a beat, I just flipped the page and carried on reading! But in my defence, I was very anxious back then.