View Single Post
Old 7th November 2018, 22:01
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Experience of universal credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmosby
I'm not sure why you would be offended about an example I'm giving regarding myself :/ seems silly to me.

My original point regarding you was that you are currently living very comfortably and therefore a reduction of £200-300 probably wouldn't be as bad as you think, which you confirmed in your reply. I was simply pointing out an observation, it's really nothing to get worked up about, just as I wouldn't get worked up if someone pointed out my weight issue might be due to all the kebabs I'm eating, do you expect me to keep my eyes shut while browsing the forum?
I'm not particularly offended, I'm merely stating that your being offensive. I would have to care about your opinions to be offended.

I'm sorry how do you know i'm living very comfortably? I have a battered old car that doesn't cost much to run - esp as I don't particular go anywhere except volunteering and MIND. A old cheap laptop that my dad paid for. I spend on counselling but the rest of my life is extremely modest. Oh except of course for that sneaky sausage roll...

A reduction of £200 - 300 a month is fairly significant. And as pointed out ill and disabled people should be living a reasonable existence - they haven't done anything wrong. Most have paid into a system so that they are protected when there ill.
It was not confirmed in my reply. My reply stated that I would have to give up counselling. And may end up being totally isolated with no support. It costs to go up to MIND because it's far away.

Your making massive assumptions about ppl through daft posts in the lounge.