View Single Post
Old 12th August 2016, 19:54

Default Re: The 30+ how are you feeling thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Thoughtful. My last day as a 37 year old. Slightly depressing. I need to really step up my game and attempt more. I'm v. conscious of running out of time and being left in a limbo of nothingness. The idea of hitting 40 with nothing solid or worthwhile in my life is too much to contemplate.

I'm off back to my dad's 1st thing and see if I can sort out the meal problem. Think I fancy some company in any case. I feel the purchasing of a big proper bakery chocolate eclair coming on too. Have texted vol job supervisor and canceled going in 2moro :/ She was cool about it though. (thank God for texting! rather than having to ring, lol). I can't really leave my dad for yet another day though, the carer apparently told him - i'm not here to make you a meal, bunged him a small sausage roll and put him to bed. Gotta love care in this country. Treating the elderly like an inconvenience. Think I'll have to try and access meals on wheels and get the care call times changed around. I can see my dad sinking into proper depression which worries me.
Feel that age thing myself so empathise on that one. Sorry about your Dad, hope you get stuff sorted - it can be really hard dealing with all that so take care of yourself too.