View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:42

Mood
Innocent

Default Re: Support thread for those with weight issues

Hi. Just came across this thread and have to say it helps to read others people's experiences - I always feel it's just me being weak when every day I plan to make 'better' choices and find that I never keep it up. I think as people have said that my eating/esteem is linked to my mental health.

Does anyone else have issues with their SA making it hard for them to eat/drink in front of others/in public? I know i've gotten better over the last few years as it's part of my job to take people out for coffees etc but eating especially is a real issue (especially combined with my 'safe' foods not generally being on menus). It's been this way for well over a decade (probably longer...since high school) and now I don't eat away from home. This means i'll leave home early morning and not eat (and often not drink) until I get home in the evening. As a reaction to that I tend to overindulge when I am home and it's 'safe' to eat.

I know I don't respond to physical hunger, it's all tied into my emotions, both good and bad. I can relate when people have spoken about rewarding themselves aswell as comforting. It's like I know what I need to do. I just don't do it...does anyone else feel like that?

Thanks Metal Goat for starting this thread, and to everyone else for sharing. Apologies if i've rambled and overshared (never understand how I can find it so hard to talk but can type/text for england!) Oh and i've had the horrible experience of people assuming you're expecting