View Single Post
Old 1st May 2011, 19:07

Mood
Doubtful

Default Re: The Great Relationship Poll

@Black mamba, that is a brilliant post, and I do think you are absolutely right. The silly thing is, I don't often like the look of famous people or anything myself, and I find all sorts of types aesthetically pleasing and/or attractive.

@ Zayed, I know you're not referring to me specifically, but I'd say that in my case, it definitely isn't jealousy, and strangely, even though I feel uncomfortable about the way I look sometimes, I still wouldn't wish that I looked like better looking girls or that they didn't have what they do. It's the attitude I come up against that seems to judge me in a sort of moral sense because I am not seen to have done everything in my power to correct my flaws. I've always kept myself clean and everything, but I didn't really care much about looks until people said some pretty cruel things to me. There's some other things I'v experienced that I don't want to go into detail about, that made me feel really bad about myself and more insecure about my looks. I got a lot better for a while but at the moment, I look and feel run down, Im struggling at uni, and so everything seems much worse than it actually is. So as Cavegirl suggested, I really should stay away from topics like this at the moment! Yes, I love nature, but it doesn't make me feel that I really should be doing something about my appearance. I don't think it's realistic for me at the moment to simply enjoy the beauty of all those women around me in everyday life looking so lovely and made up and with skin showing, without it making me feel that if so many ordinary women look like that, well there really ought to be something I should be doing to look better myself - even though at the moment if I did, Id end up bankrupt and would definitely fail my degree!