View Single Post
Old 30th September 2015, 19:13

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle*
haha.

Game of Thrones is really great, that was my favourite show before is started the wire. I originally had the wire on my radar years ago but (here comes my will power again) i put it on hold for a long time. I wanted to save what might be some of the best for "last" or later in this case. (this was back in the times when i was finishing Lost!) i'm glad i waited, i wouldnt have been ready to appreciate and enjoy such a poignant and dialogue driven show back then.

Game of Thrones really peaks in Season 3 and 4. 5 wasn't too bad, got more hate than it deserved but my honey moon phase with GoT is over. The Wire has not dropped at all for me.
You've reminded me that I did actually hold out binge-watching Lost. I waited for a few years after the show had ended until watching the last season--memories of which still linger like the foul smelling sweat of a cheese-induced nightmare.

I'm well and truly in the honeymoon phase with GoT; just today I ordered the books because I am so transfixed with that world and because I want to know if someone who is supposed to be dead is still alive in them somehow (not that boring dolt who everybody wants back but the one who's always standing at the edge of things staring out while wreathed in a mythic Dark Ages fog.)