View Single Post
Old 29th June 2008, 08:30

Default Re: Dating Section - plug the gap after the site tidy up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose
Have you noticed that "Satan's deranged hamster" hasn't said a dickie bird since he started this thread? he's a right little secret grenade thrower isn't he?

I was talking to someone online last night and I misunderstood what they were suggesting for an SAUK meet. I thought they were suggesting a speed dating meet. I said it would never work because of the ratio of men to women that would turn up

Thinking about it, i would imagine this would be the nearest you could get to encouraging dating amongst users of this site, without breaking any rules...... but it would never work.
Hello again everyone !1

I have not managed to get online since the last Sunday I was on here.

To be honest even I am not sure now about how helpful a dating section would be, mainly due to the vast proportion of males setting themselves up for an even more depressed state by looking at their own threads sink into oblivion with Replies total of "zero". Then again you need to push the boat out at some point, having a go at dating in SA land is one way of doing this.

If you're keen enough to take on something tougher, you can find ways of meeting the normal people. For example I have tried non-SA meets in the past, they can be difficult but I suppose it depends on the sort of people who turn up too.

There is another angle on the speed dating thing. There were attempts by some past members, to have a group of SA guys club together, and go to en masse to a non-SA speed dating event, not specifically as an SA meet.

A tall order indeed, but someting that feasibly could be done.