View Single Post
Old 12th February 2011, 10:02

Default Re: How old is too old to learn to drive?

I don't think you're ever to old to learn a new skill (and you're ONLY 30!). So obviously as long as you are legally allowed to drive then why not. I think it's important to go at your own pace and not worry about limits of ages or outsiders commenting just go in little steps so it doesn't get overwhelming. Although, I know this is easier said then done when those around us, including the instructors will want to keep pushing you as much as possible. Even if it takes you ten years to achieve it, you'll still achieve it in the end, and even if you don't pass, at least you can say you achieved by trying and therefore gained courage. I haven't started learning yet. I've just applied for my provisional and i'm dreading lessons. But I know it is something i'm going to have to do eventually for my independence because i'm so unconfident using public transport. However, i'm a realist so therefore know it will take me quite some time and i may not eventually even pass but i will try my hardest (even if it means only have lessons here and there at a slow pace and only on my high weeks) so i can say i've tried to achieve something that i fear so much. I probably wouldn't tell anyone as it's my goal not theres and wouldn't want unnecessary pressure.

I hope if you continue at your own pace, you pass and if you can't cope, do what's best for you. It's not something worth stressing about forever.