View Single Post
Old 10th June 2013, 17:19
Banned at own request

Default Re: Buttonlane's Progress Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonlane
Why have I always thought anxiety such a Terrible thing? Its not! Panic attacks are uncomfortable but they are just feelings. Nothing bad actually happens other than I feel differently than normal and occasionally make an ass out of onces self, come across as awkward which in turn makes a funny story. (pagan man). Whats so bad about that?
Cause society makes us believe it is, at least in my experience.

Quote:
Ive got to stop thinking of anxiety as a Terrible occurrence. This mindset makes me into an avoidant wimp with no backbone. The actual labeling of my anxiety in this negative over dramatic way has stopped my development as a person and halted any kind of positive life experiences, its destroyed everything good in my life. My anxiety isnt f*cking me up, its my thoughts about anxiety thats done the most damage.The panic attacks will disperse in good time as long as I continue doing certain things (Graduated exposure.) I know this to be true.
Yeah I think accepting you might experience SA is a step. It's not like we can pretend the SA isn't there.

Quote:
*My panic attacks are proof that Im winning the battle. Feel the burn and enjoy it, you know your making aaaall kinds of gainzzz*
Im taking this new mindset on today, forget what anyone else thinks about me.

Sod anxiety, Im going to the gym, then Im going swimming, then Im going to the library and if retro girl is there Im going to say hello. And Im NOT going to let anxiety force me to run away like a little bitch. I own that motherf*cker from now on. *waves hand*
Yeah, you can't please everyone. Although everyone, including me know it, I'm starting to take the phrase more literally. There are always gonna be ppl to judge ya if you're doing something noticable.