View Single Post
Old 15th July 2020, 22:25

Default Re: Small things that make you smile

I've not been in this thread for a while and all this talk of dogs has made what I've come to post seem totally inadequate; I don't have pets because of my lifestyle, it wouldn't be fair - I'm away a lot and have no family to look after them when I'm not here, but I love animals and spend a lot of time with other people's pets, given the opportunity.

Anyway, the small thing which made me smile is that I've just arrived home from my travels and received a message via booking.com from the lady who owns the apartment where I've been staying, thanking me for leaving the place in excellent condition, saying that she didn't have to do much when she came into clean (all I did was strip the bed and wipe down a few surfaces) and telling me that I'd be welcome back any time (at least, I think that's what it says, it's in Polish!); I know that part of the reason is to get repeat business, but it's not usual on booking.com (unlike on airbnb where the owner reviews the guest as well as the guest reviewing the owner), but it was such a lovely, friendly message.

That wasn't the only lovely message I got either - I found a visitor message on my profile (after I had a little wobble on here just over a week ago) which I really appreciated, from someone whose posts I have always respected and found helpful.