View Single Post
Old 8th July 2020, 12:03

Default Re: The Autism, Asperger's and ASD Thread

All good Dougella. Your welcome. You guys sound like a good bunch. I am sorry it is so hard for people to get assistance. Your are correct. I had to appeal more than once. Lot's of paper work, historical evidence and all that. I was already in the system for a long time where in the end both my wife and I had to educate ourselves on how to jump the hoops and source out advocacy and so on. It saddens my greatly to know how many dysfunctional people would never be able to navigate the complexity of applying for such funding. Invisible illness is a very hard task to sell.

I don't mean to go on again ... I could write a book on how the system enables so many of us to be worse than what we really need be, yet that is not to take away the legitimacy of anyone's identified dysfunction in this messed up world.

End of story; I completely agree with you and think it's very sad. I am grateful and do my best to be mindful of those similar to me who are unable to be helped. Building a case can be very exhausting and I sometimes wonder if I have become worse because of the extreme requirements and conditions they place on me. Again that is another story ... perhaps another thread starter.

Your 1000% on the money!