View Single Post
Old 8th May 2020, 16:38

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: How Old Or You And How Bad Is Your SA on A Scale Of 1-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro_1990
Yes, I met her on my travels and I ended up living in her country for 6-9 months each year to maintain the relationship (which was possible because I work online).

She's a nice person and everything but I knew deep down it wasn't working after around two-and-a-half years together due to various cultural and personality incompatibilities. But I avoided ending it because avoiding things like conflict is what I specialize in.

Oh well, it's been revealing to read in this thread that aside from social anxiety, and perhaps even more so than social anxiety, the thing many people fear on here (ending up stuck in a loveless relationship) is how my life has turned out.

It seems I'm a special case of cluster**** and my recent suicidal thoughts are much warranted.
Did you post before that your partner is going to be looking for work where you live now? If she is able to do that and establish more of a life maybe she would be less likely to go back to her home country with your child, if you were to break up. She might also feel that opportunities for your daughter could be better where you are now and still want her to grow up there (I guess that would be something you might have already talked about.)

You might be one of the only people posting right now who is in a relationship that they're not happy in, but there have definitely been many people posting here before who were dealing with the same thing!

I can see how you feel really trapped right now, but as your daughter grows older things will change and as you say she is the day of sunshine in your life.