View Single Post
Old 30th October 2023, 21:33

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Self Help Material

Quote:
Are you waiting on something right now?

Maybe it’s the "right" moment? Or the "right" opportunity? For many people, they’re waiting until they "feel ready" to take the next step, or, to try something new.

Sound familiar? A lot of us are very good at waiting.

Sometimes we’ll even substitute impressive sounding words for waiting. We might say that we’re researching variables. Or, that we’re assimilating data. We might even say that we’re contemplating options.

Those all sound good, right? They sound smart and reasonable. And, they might be. Because sometimes it’s necessary to research and assimilate and contemplate.

But how many times do we say that we’re doing those productive-sounding things, when what we’re really doing is being afraid? Afraid of the taking the next step. Afraid that we’re not good enough to do what we really want to. Afraid of failing.

All of which reminds me of the famous quote from the English poet Alfred Lord Tennyson: "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all…"

Tennyson’s quote points out that life is risky. And the pursuit of meaningful things, such as love, is riskier still.

But risk is the necessary currency for a life that provides purpose and meaning.

So, if you still need to research, or assimilate or contemplate, go right ahead.

But, if you’ve actually been hiding behind those things, then commit to taking some action.

So you finally can start moving in the direction of your destiny.

On your side,
- Mike
An email I got from Mike Gillette, a self help and fitness guru. I thought it so good I posted it here.