View Single Post
Old 31st May 2014, 14:45

Default Re: Silly things you've done while anxious but laughed about after.

I can't laugh at social anxiety afterwards...like when I've said or done something really weird. One day I might be able to laugh at that, but at the moment I can't.

I can laugh at things that happened when I had panic disorder, though, because then you're running on adrenaline all the time and basically react on impulses (like a dog).

One time, when I was 19, someone put 19-year-olds into Room 101 and I ran to the bathroom and actually ducked "in case I disappeared". I mean, obviously I knew I wouldn't disappear, but I was acting in a blind panic and hadn't had a chance to think. I also don't know how ducking would help.

Another time, I had to switch CITV off (I was a student, ok?) because someone put one of those toy headbands on that has an arrow head on one side and the end of the arrow on the other to make it look like it went through their brain and I just couldn't cope with that.

Another time, a helicopter went over our house during the night and I woke up from the sound and just started running. The doors to outside were locked and I was still half asleep so couldn't open them. Instead I just ran full pelt in circles in our living room until I woke up properly, wondered what the hell was going on, and went back to bed