View Single Post
Old 28th November 2014, 22:03

Default Re: My story of using Buddhism

What an insightful quote, thank you for sharing that Silenus. I am going to look into those works that you have cited, they sound very interesting. The description of your practise is almost identical to mine. I seem to have reached a plateau of sorts. I find, during meditation, that much time is spent attempting to bring the mind back to the breath. Its so natural just to fall back into the patterns of worrying, fantasy and just random junk that occurs in the mind. Like yourself, I am also beginning to approach thoughts differently, its strange when you suddenly find yourself viewing your mind, even, at times, your whole body from a distance, like a part of the mind has separated itself from the rest. I begin to see how patterned my behaviour and responses are to the world, effectively just like any other animal. I begin to see just how vulnerable I am and, sometimes, how others are exactly the same. A sort of sadness falls over me. Perhaps its just me, have you ever found this, or, have you experienced something different?