View Single Post
Old 9th October 2007, 23:47

Default Re: Cipralex side effects - I'm going crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Thanks Innervision,

Funny that you should post a reply, as trawling through the posts on here re. the subject, it was your posts that gave me the most hope that these experiences are normal and that it's worth sticking it out!

After a very frustrating day, I couldn't sleep and spent most of the night wide awake. Strangely though, going into work today for the 7am shift, I felt ok - not sleep deprived, not half as anxious and the knackered, fuzzy-headedness had seemed to fade away. I hope this is the start of things to come!

Only thing is, now I can feel any feeling in my "nether" regions also fading away.....sorry to be crude, but it's not nice!! I'm hoping this too will be a side effect that lessens in time. I'm on the standard 10mg dose of Cipralex and when I was first put on the standard 20mg dose of Prozac (back in 1995!!), it didn't effect that side of things at all.

IT's a roller coaster meds ride!! With Innervision at the front and me at the back with head in hands!!
Yep, it can be something of a rollercoaster.
They can affect different people in different ways, as Neski's post highlights, but you seem to be sharing my experience.

I wonder what time you take the meds?
I only ask because I take mine in the morning, but I've heard lots of people state that by taking them last thing at night they sleep through the worst of the side-effects. I never tried this, but it has helped in some cases.

I had a lot of exceptionally vivid dreaming, so maybe this would have been more noticable if I took them at night, but who knows?

Sorry to hear of the demise of feeling in the nether regions.
This happened to me too. It did recover after a while, but not to the same level as I was used to. With me it tends to be directly linked to dosage. I've been on 10mg, 15mg, 20mg which is the standard maximum dose on Cipralex, and even as low as 5mg. I've noticed the the higher the dosage, the bigger hit my libido takes. These meds help me though, so I have to balance the pros and cons.

Hopefully your libido will recover once your body gets used to the meds.

Anyway, strap yourself in and hopefully the ride won't be too bumpy.