View Single Post
Old 17th February 2016, 20:20
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

Default Re: Stephen Fry Documentary

I was looking forward to it, shame it was overshadowed by that stupid row about the BAFTAs 'bag lady' joke. If it was a private joke between friends it should have stayed private as NO-ONE ELSE GOT IT WITHOUT HAVING IT EXPLAINED, STEPHEN!

Moving on....

I thought that the psychiatrist was very honest with him, especially in his comments that Stephen's drinking too much and taking cocaine has not helped his mental state, and may even have caused his mental illness, at least in part.
I felt very sorry for Cordelia, seemed to me that she'd had a lot of pain in her life.

I could emphasise with the guy who was filmed on the tube and also with Rachel.

I do agree that sometimes only the 'acceptable' face of mental illness is presented and we need more of a balance.

I often wonder if half of the time, our problems are because most of us aren't starving to death and aren't having bombs dropped on us, so we need to find other things to worry about, so we turn inwards and turn on ourselves? It would be interesting to find out if the levels of mental illness were lower during the war, but that's probably impossible to prove as it wasn't talked about then.