View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 00:44

Mood
Sleepy

Default Re: fear of sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullenskink
yeah, so in the course of htis thread it has occured to me that a big problem is that i am too weak to feel comfortable about being different form someone. by this i mean that if someone looks at something in a different way to me, i fear putting my own view across, thinking it'll lead to them rejecting me or thinking i'm a weirdo.

i can reason that there will be quite a lot of people who aren't like this, it's just that i've had my thought patterns 'trained' by lots of people who are. i think i can get over this in time, it doesn't seem insurmountable or anything.

anyway, another thing is that...i feel as if i just don't know where i stand on a lot of issues. whenever a new concept comes into my brain, my mind really goes at it frantically - to feel that i've reached my own conclusion about something i have to spend a lot of time thinking about it. i don't think this is because i'm stupid(although i wouldn't rule that out!), it's more that i probably think about things too much or something. so...a lot of the time issues come up which i don't have a fixed opinion on yet, and this can feel a bit...lame.

so, another bucnh of fiddly head problems to squiggle about inconclusively in my brain.

posting here generally really does help to iron out these things tho. it just gives me and oppotunity to actually see how i feel about talking to people - it's safe to do that here, whereas i've given up trying in the real world.

i feel kind of guilty now because i've said a lot of things and some people have listened. but, um, thanks for listening.
I don't know how?? but somehow I missed this post earlier when I looked, strange anyway gotta go just now will post tomorrow

Last edited by dannygirl; 21st May 2006 at 01:16.