View Single Post
Old 21st November 2023, 14:46

Default Re: Weight loss and diet thread

I've done keto. The most I've been where some saw me as getting fat and others thought I was bulking up was 90kg and I'm around 5ft 7 I think. With keto the first time in 2021 I reached my 15 year old weight of around 68kg. The reason I quit was because I started a new job in a hotel and didn't want to deal with the hassle of telling others I don't eat sugar.
Food is everywhere in the hotel, especially unhealthy carby cakes. The hotel job is where I gained the weight to 90 kg and stayed around that weight despite moving a lot during the day. I think it was also the long hours and irregular meal times, sometimes my team would finish around 4am at latest and then start the same morning at 10am.
I maintained this weight at a pub job where although I didn't eat much the main meal was chips and burger, although I tried to look for healthier alternatives sometimes which was basically salad with the meat of a burger.

I have tried keto again and work in a bakeries now, although it's part time. As soon as I started keto I dropped to around 78kg and noticed my face looked a bit more defined or better. Recently though I had a few weeks of diarrhoea which I think was brought by stress and maybe the fact that I wasn't being strict enough with keto. I lost weight during those weeks to a weight of 70kg. It noticeably affected my work because I have too much of a mild belly ache to do my dishwashing job as well as I can and I couldn't really exercise as I was focused mainly on when I was going to feel the need to go toilet. I read that the diarrhoea might have been due to a gallbladder issue, gut bacteria issues or low stomach acid so recently I quit keto, about two days ago. I already notice I have gained a few kg's, probably water weight. But I want to stay low carb generally but try to eat a more varied diet, without excess sugar. I am more curious about macro nutrients now.

I don't think keto is for everyone, it seems to only work short term for me. Since quitting although I don't want to gain too much fat, my diarrhoea has gone and I seem to noticeably have more energy.

The main challenge of following a diet is that people judge you or make assumptions.