View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2016, 16:27

Default Re: What are you doing right now? (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpsy
^ Sound exhausting, have you thought about going by car or a bus perhaps
You and HS should get together and develop the Great Langdale valley.

Roads and 5 star hotels do not exist. Paths barely exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
^^ Is that 12 miles per day? So you haven't got an exact plan, you're just heading out and doing whatever? Are you lugging that bag about the house, preparing yourself? Do you do any sort of training?

I really want to do some hiking, see some of the country. I like the idea of doing something of a challenge, then after a hard days ramble putting my feet up and guzzling some fine ale, listening to the local minstrel, planning the next day.
Not per day.

Last time I did the second longest route there and back from Old Dungeon Ghyll in Great Langdale to Scafell Pike, which was just under 12 miles.

Plan to take the same route again and come back via The Band route so I can do the sixth highest peak in England, Bowfell, this time, at least.

I can break this up over time and do really short hikes and have plenty of time taking it all in though.

I will probably be tempted to wander off though and do whatever, bag some more Pikes.

I'm not sure yet.

I might do some wild camping then check into a camp site so I can get a Megarider Gold bus ticket for a week and travel all over Cumbria. I'd like to see the coast.

I don't do any training Spud lol

Well last year I did three hikes to Cadair Idris in the space of 6 weeks then did Scafell Pike, but this time training has been walking around Brum City centre, and that's it pretty much. lol

I don't think I could lug my pack to Scafell Pike and back in a day right now.

The longest hikes I've done are 15 miles one day then 25 the next. That was hard work and it killed my feet.