SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > SAUK - Chatroom
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th August 2017, 02:53

Default SAUK Chatroom - Latest Updates

I am posting this as a sticky that will have the latest news about SAUK chat, in particular any technical issues. The Serenia network is going to lose the river.serenia.net server on the 19th of August, this means the network will be down to a single server - raven.serenia.net - I have corrected the links to chat in the following topics as a result.

However, there is a strong possibility given previous form of the raven server that, sadly, this will no longer work; indeed after having heard some chat from an admin at Serenia, I fear this will be the case. If this happens, I have already made plans to move the SAUK chat to a different network. If I were able to, I'd have already made the move but, due to not being able to contact anyone about changing the chat applet on the main page, I am unable to do this as I fear we'll lose people. However, if Serenia goes, we'll have no option but to move. Please look at any updates to this post to see what is going on and where we have moved to if this is the case, thanks.
Old 18th August 2017, 14:28

Default Re: SAUK Chatroom - Latest Updates

We are going to be moving SAUK chat to a new network from today, the new home of SAUK chat is on the Foonetic IRC network. They have a UK server - anchor.foonetic.net

The chat channels will remain exactly the same - #lounge and #sauk - and, for those who are so minded, the network supports SSL connections and IPv6. The Mibbit links have now been updated to reflect the new home of SAUK chat.
Closed Thread