SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd June 2017, 01:44

Mood
Insomnious

Default Re: SA-friendly jobs

Yeh I have a sister, but uh... she's the pretty one, ha! As for depression or anxiety, well she's married, so eventually that'll do something to her state of mind one way or the other. I suppose she could go through the whole screening thing asap, and then I could go in after, pretending to be her, and say I had a terrible accident that messed my face up but that it's not a detriment to the trial. So just let me f*ing contribute to new discoveries or breakthroughs in the cure for the flu. Please. W*nkers.

Then it turns out that the anxiety has a weird reaction with the medication as well as the different flu strains and long story short a 'zombie virus' apocalyptic outbreak occurs. And everyone will be blaming the government. And I'll Be there like "uuuhh, heh, yeh. The government. Uh... burn them. And stuff. Cus it was them. And not me. So don't burn me. That wouldn't make sense. To burn me. Because it wasn't me." Or sumfink. I dunno

Wow. I never knew I could have that kind of an effect on the world. In a way that makes my sa a power. And I won't be responsible with it. Because I've already forgotten the consequences of what me lying could bring about. Oh also I won't post this because otherwise people will know I started the whole apocalypse thingy.

Sent from my broken iPad.
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:13

^I imagine that they would accept people with depression or anxiety onto trials that are specifically to do with depression or anxiety (there may be other reasons but I don't know what they are). Was the trial you did something to do with depression or anxiety?
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:25

sa- friendly jobs : admin
Old 24th June 2017, 01:08

^Ah, it was for an existing physical condition you had. I imagine that because the number of suitable candidates is extremely small that they have to remove certain restrictions to entry. Whereas if it's something that they could test on anyone, then it's in their best interests to ensure they have as little liability as possible.
Old 5th July 2017, 11:03

Freelance translator. Work from home and no need for social interaction.
Old 12th July 2017, 14:40

Has anyone tried Merch by Amazon?

You sign up for a free account then upload t-shirt designs. If someone buys one from Amazon.com then:
1) Amazon collect the money
2) Amazon deduct about $10 and you keep the rest
3) Amazon print the t-shirt and ship it to the customer
4) at the end of the month Amazon put the money in your bank account (UK or elsewhere it doesn't matter where you're based).

It's good fun and doesn't cost anything to get started with.

You can use a smartphone app like Wordswag to create basic text t-shirts or Paint or Photoshop.

I've been slowly toiling away so if you've got any Qs just respond here.
Old 24th July 2017, 22:13

Mood
Gloomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina
I get myself into a right state just looking at jobs and I feel sick when I'm actually applying for them lol. I have a permanent lump in my throat which will only go when I take my anti anxiety meds. I've searched for all the jobs you've listed apart from the warehouse ones where I think there would be loads of people!!!!! It's sad because I have a diploma and 5 nvq's all wasted
I feel exactly the same
Old 20th August 2017, 22:54

Hello everyone,
Like a lot of people with SA I find it difficult to live up to my potential, I am a qualified electrician however my SA makes it impossible to carry out the job, however I managed to find a job as a Telecare Technician where I install panic buttons for elderly and vulnerable people, I work from home and just chat to old folks all day! Its worth looking into as it does not really require qualifications, just need to be tech savvy.
Old 20th August 2017, 23:07

^ You have to go in to their home to install it, or is it just sent in the post?
Old 19th September 2017, 14:14

Working remotely as a freelancer is a good way to work without necessarily having to meet people face to face. Seems ideal at first, but the problem is it can actually make social anxiety worse when you do eventually have to go out and meet people.

I worked freelance as an animator for 7 years and found that I became even more of a recluse and my SA was far worse when I did eventually go out. Cabin fever would set in, it really wasn't healthy spending so much time alone.
I guess the trick is to try and find the right balance.
Old 9th October 2017, 23:00

Mood
Mellow

Here is an idea for being self employed with little or no face to face contact.
Printing 3D designs for customers on ebay, gumtree etc. Using a 3D printer .
Downside is initial investment, building up experience, and as Johnny Boy55 said
spending to much time alone.
In business I’m OK one to one face to face as long as I really know what I’m on about.
For me knowledge helps with confidence a lot. Been quiet been busy recently