SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Mental Health Issues
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th May 2018, 13:41

Default Re: The Suicide Thread - Trigger Warning

^ Aw you are very kind GI
I think many of us here could do with having a gregarious introvert in our ‘real lives’ telling us how how valued we are when we flounder
Old 17th May 2018, 13:12

^My rates are very reasonable, although I have a very full diary at weekends!
Old 19th May 2018, 23:42

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
^^ I too hope you're okay, Spud

I'm just coming through the other side of this, brought about by my recent period. I don't always get it - thank God - but some months it causes my MH to just swan dive. I end up plagued with suicidal thoughts and my mood becomes absolutely erratic. I've spent the past week just climbing the ****ing walls and feeling like I'm losing my mind.
Thanks for your reply. I've been going through this feeling again this week. I'd give anything for it to stop. Hope you're ok.
Old 19th May 2018, 23:56

I've just come out of a deep depression that lasted a few days. It's becoming quite regular and I think generally I'm in a state of depression but it deepens every so often where I'm incredibly low for several days. Suicidal thoughts are comforting at this time. I have so little energy during these phases and even though logically I know I have some methods to help me (exercise, reaching out and spending some time with family) I have no will or energy during the low points.

I just ride it out because I know it will pass. I can only speak from my own experience but I'm assuming it passes for everyone and the lowest points do come to an end. So just try to hang onto that knowledge that the lowest episodes will pass.

And when you feel yourself rising out of the pit of depression be kind to yourself and make the most of that increased energy. Exercise, even just long walks, have done wonders for me recently. The royal wedding really cheered me up today too and inspired me. A happy loved up couple getting married in a beautiful location on a beautiful day really made me happy. Happiness must be contagious so aiming for the brighter side instead of the dark, where depression like to encourage us, may help us come out the other side a bit quicker too.