SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th August 2007, 02:52

Arrow Gained a lvl

I think I should congratulate myself on a recent achievement. Its a big deal so a big post! I will try to make it sound as interesting as I can, it was pretty stressfull in reality.

Iv been working on using different transports for months, going to random planned places etc, nothing grand. Last week I used all that practice on huge leap forward. I managed to travel all the way to france 'on my own' from coach to airport, from airport to france, to france (I speak NO french! ) to the coach, and the coach to the hotel in paris. Then the reverse trip back home! :embarass:

I had to travel on my own as my gf, her mum and brother left ahead of me already. I couldnt be met at airport because gf too scared travel on her own -_- and cost too much for everyone to do it.

I was worried sick for weeks beforehand planning every detail, kinda made myself ill but im glad I still went ahead and did it. I learnt so much and gained so much experience and convidence in myself. I hope never to do such a thing again alone but I now know I can do it if I have to. I learnt the confidence to get myself through a difficult situation in a country I couldnt even read or speak the language. When I got home I felt so relieved but was so proud of myself.

Oh and if want hear something funny. The return trip on the plane (French pilot) It was the most freaking amazing but worse take off and landing in history. The plane swayed on take off and on landing it was even worse. The whole plane was swinging from side to side and everyone was being swung left and right the very moments before we touched down. Luckilly I love flying! Its the airports I hate, and it was a awesome near death experience rofl rofl. It was better than a rollercoaster at those speeds hitting the ground swinging ha.. The french pilot was either completely pissed or hadnt drunk enough I dont know. A few people shouted out jokes and people laughing but I think half of us were slightly giggly from being served cup wine beforehand. It was so funny lol.. Best flight ever.

..Oh yeh I broke up with my gf recently after being back home because she rather not spend time with me apparently. cof;b1tch;cof; Wtf.. I am the man! I achieved something amazing I think! I am brave!

I gained TWO new friends one of which may become one of my closer friends. We simply clicked but we dont live local to eachover unfortunately. (Typical, I have no friends and when I find one he lives different country.) The other lives local to me and we plan to go running together atleast once a month perhaps. So as one person leaves.. I gain TWO new friends! Someone I met in paris, and another I met while waiting for my coach. I got details of both people and am still talking to them! I also talked to multiple other people while I was traveling and had alot of fun doing it. All complete strangers who seemed to like talking to me! While in heathrow 2 or 3 people even approached me seeking my help/directions, I must of looked confident or something. ..Couldnt help any of them rofl.. jk. I helped as best as I could.

I really enjoyed this experience.. I kinda like travelling and meeting random people along the way. Its alot of fun. I had many interesting discussions and a enjoyable time. Everyone was pretty helpfull and kind. Yay me... now back to normal life and crap volunteering work. Bummer.

Best experience in my life and I dared to do it.

/end
Old 27th August 2007, 15:05
I.G.

Default Re: Gained a lvl

Nice achievement, Bazza - well done, mate! I don't like the sound of the plane swaying about though
Old 29th August 2007, 21:56

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: Gained a lvl

Well done Bazza - I don't think I could do that - you're very brave
Closed Thread