SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th June 2018, 19:04

Mood
Sluggish

Lightbulb Hi everybody!

I'm new to this and not sure what to say... But here goes... Not really had the chance to speak with anyone who has sa so tbh I feel soo alone and that's what bought me here. I just wanna feel like I'm not alone and I can imagine most of you have felt like this at some point on here but I really could do with some information wether this is considered normal e.g locking myself away from everyone, messed up sleeping pattern, mood changes, no interest in doing anything n if it is normal what coping methods did you all use to break the spell? I really want to get out but I feel I'd only be comfortable with people like me. Does that sound weird? Also wondering wether there are any meet n greet groups for sa sufferers or anything that could help me? many thanks for listening lozzberry.
Old 5th June 2018, 19:31

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Hi everybody!

hi lozberry.
I think with sa its a gradual process of getting better with time and becoming more confident. Just doing activities and gentle contact helps you
How are you today?ash
Old 5th June 2018, 20:57

Mood
Sluggish

Smile Re: Hi everybody!

Hi there and thankyou for taking the time to reply.. Iv suffered with this for over 11yrs and tbh its just gotten worser I'm not sure how to get back to being confident as iv literally got no friends to help me through this process and also to do activities with iv had to cut off from alot of people due to my past relationship or iv just cut them off because they have changed and become soo negative and for me thats enough to just walk the other way I want to have a positive life but can be soo hard making that happen.. I'm not too bad thankyou for asking just feeling very antisocial needing my own space kind of thing its weird because its very rare I'm like this but just feel soo drained from just being around people all the time. How's about yourself? How has your day been and how are you feeling?
Old 6th June 2018, 02:11

Hi LozzBerry,
It's hard to say exactly what has helped me with SA, but I think the right medication has, along with exposure to situations that caused anxiety. In time I started to become more assertive. As for depression and feeling 'antisocial' I'm the wrong person to ask tbh as I'm still dealing with these things.

I hope you find this to be a place to express your feelings and maybe make some friends.
Old 6th June 2018, 08:35

Hi
Don't worry - you are not alone in the situation you find yourself in. There is lots of good advice here on the site. Hope you find something to help you.