SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 23rd January 2004, 03:49
Shawa

Default The good stuff thread

On the "Picky" thread I said I'd start a thread about the good things our kids do for some perspective (Emote: smile)

Where do I start? My daughter makes me laugh all the time. She laughs a lot too. The strangest things are funny to her. Certain words-"sticky," "kaboom!," make her laugh. If you tell her something is funny, sometimes she'll laugh.

She loves books. She loves to turn the pages and brings them to me to read to her. There's one called Pat the Bunny where at the end the boy and the girl say byebye and she always waves to them. She also waves to the telephone, as though she thinks the person on the other end can see (Emote: lol) (Actually, it's not clear if she realizes there's someone on the other end, but it's still funny.)

Speaking of telephones, she loves those too. For some reason, she doesn't ever hold the phone up to her ear, but she brings me her toy phone and wants me to talk into it. When I say byebye, she waves. She sometimes says byebye too.

She gets so excited every evening when she hears daddy comming home. He must immediately come pick her up or she gets upset. She gives us big slobbery kisses, and she kisses herself in the mirror and pictures of other babies.

There's more, but I'll keep it reasonably short. (Emote: smile)
Old 23rd January 2004, 12:25
cavycrazy

Default Re: The good stuff thread

My niece Olivia (who's 2 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLLIE!!! (Emote: smile) ) loves computers! Whenever she visits if I put the pc on she'll want to sit on my lap and use the keyboard! (Emote: reallylaughing) Yesterday she enlarged all of my fonts and it took me a while to figure out how to put them all back to the right size! Another time she changed the language on a game that mum was playing and because it was all foreign mum didn't know how to put it back to English. (Emote: rotflmao) And if you put the keyboard out of her reach she'll grab the mouse. She knows what's she's doing all right! (Emote: smile)
Old 25th January 2004, 02:11
Scottidog

My little boy, William, is always doing things that make me laugh although you would really need to see them for yourself to appreciate just how funny they are (Emote: smileyellow)

He already has quite a wicked sense of humour, and if I accidentally drop something, he giggles away at me.

He adores books, and barely lets anybody through the front door before he is hassling them to read with him. His little arms go up, (his way of saying "pick me up please"), and he will happily sit on your lap excitedly pointing at the pictures for you to tell him what they are. For some reason, he couldn't stop giggling when I got to the page featuring some Crayons. I mean, what's so funny about the word "Crayons"!? Also, when I sung "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to him at bedtime tonight, he kept laughing at the word, "Twinkle". Or perhaps it was my singing that was funny? (Emote: ohwell)

He always makes me laugh when he sings away to his favourite tv theme tunes. Sometimes he does a little dance too.

Sometimes when I tell him "NO" he just stands there shaking his head at me with a big grin on his face and a mischievous glint in his eye. He makes it very hard for me to be mad with him for long. He loves opening my cupboards, although he knows that's something he shouldn't do. Sometimes he opens a cupboard when he thinks I'm not looking, and when I march over to see what he is doing, he runs away from the cupboard as fast as his little chubby legs will carry him, with a huge excited grin on his face, as if to say "It wasn't me, it wasn't me!!!"

He also loves bathtimes. He likes to splash the water everywhere, so much so, that I now often bath him in only my underwear because I usually get drenched from head to toe! Although me and the bathroom get soaked, I can't help laughing.

He has recently started tugging at your arm or clothes when he wants you to do something. The other day while we were visiting my mum he tried to pull her out of the chair. He refused to stop tugging at her sleeve until she got up. He then gestured to my mum to follow him out of the room, and marched straight into the kitchen, where he promptly stopped right infront of the fridge. He wouldn't move until my mum opened the fridge door, when he immediately grabbed the packet of chocolate buttons he knew she had hidden away in there. Of course my mum gave him a chocolate, he had got what he wanted, and they went straight back to reading a book.

Sadly, he doesn't give me too many kisses (too big a boy for that, I guess!) but, on the odd occasion when he does, it is the best feeling in the world and always makes me smile. However, his version of a kiss is sticking out his tongue and giving you a big soppy lick on your nose (Emote: smileyellow)

Although he is still only 14 months he already has a wonderful little personality and knows how to get exactly what he wants!

Like I said, you really need to see it all for yourself to appreciate how funny it is (Emote: rolleyes)

L

Old 26th January 2004, 23:17
Darth_Aziraphale

Where do I start?

Well for one thing Joel dances and laughs whenever theres music lol, its so cute.

He sleeps right through the night, always has done. He's never picky with food, and he always smiles at stangers and soon goes to them for cuddles.

I likes bubbles in the bath so much he nearly drowns himself laughing at them.

He waves at everyone all the time bless his little cotton socks.

He's so gorgeous people often stop me in the street just to look into his big brown eyes and giggle with him. (An SA nightmare and a mothers dream lol)

He loves anything with buttons including mobile phones and calculators, but thinks his toy bricks are phones and he wants mummy to talk on them lol

His first word after mummy and daddy was grandma which is so cute and a damn sight better than my sisters first word which was no...

The list is looking a little long, but hey, I'm a proud mummy (Emote: biggrin)

Azi
Old 27th January 2004, 23:04
Guest [UnRegist

Default Guest [UnRegist

Its a little old know, but i had a cousin who was 4 or 5 (she is twenty know!), used to spin her around like you do with kids, and she looked into my eyes and said she loved me! My heart melted even though i was only 16 or so at the time!

Memories like that are special, meant to be treasured for ever!
Old 4th March 2004, 18:28
Shelly

Default Shelly

I have 2 little cousins I love so much. Both boys but they're the sweetest little boys ever. I babysit for them sometimes and the oldest one came in (he's 4) and he looked all upset and said 'My cousin Shelly. The bushbabies are keeping me awake' then he ran up and hugged me. His little brother tries to copy everything the older one says (He's nearly 2 I think). The older one say's 'My cousin shelly' and the little one tries to say it 'm..my..clobben shelky'

Little things but they are sooooo cute.
Closed Thread