SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd July 2017, 22:00

Mood
Lonely

Default Helloo. *waves*

Hey all.

I'm Dean. I've never really considered a forum like this, but the last few weeks of increased anxiety have taken its toll on me, and I've realized that it would be so nice to try and get talking to some people that feel the same ways as I do.

I'm a 25 year old male trying to work through social anxiety and lots of sexual dysfunction and shame. Over the years I've made lots of progress, mainly through meditation practices, but recently I feel like I'm back walking along the precipice, struggling not to just mentally breakdown. I tend to be a very positive person, it's just like there's another side of me that's so deeply conditioned and fearful, and I've never found anyone that I can really open up to or be there for with it.

I was wondering, do any of you experience really debilitating head fog/ lack of mental clarity with your anxiety? If so, do you have any tips on how you handle it?

Anyways, I'll leave all the talking for other threads, I hope everyone is having an alright day. Speak to you all soon.
Old 22nd July 2017, 22:29

Default Re: Helloo. *waves*

Hi, Dysfunctional, welcome

I wouldn't say i suffer debilitating headfuzz, usually nothing more than a bit of exercise can't rid off. Have you looked into your diet? Caffeine and sugars, etc.

Hope you find this place worthwhile
Old 22nd July 2017, 23:24

Mood
Lonely

Hey Rocket Spud and Rebka

Thanks for the welcome, you all seem nice.

I try and keep sugar and caffeine to a minimum, I'm a green tea and savory kind of guy. The fog seems to hit me most when I'm going through times like this, that's why I attribute it with the anxiety. It's so annoying.
Old 22nd July 2017, 23:29

Mood
Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebka
Hello Dean

I don't get any kind of brain fog, well I don't think I do anyway so I don't have any tips to offer you there, but welcome to the forum and hopefully you'll find it helpful and be pulled back from the precipice
Also Rebka, just noticed your sig and now I want to replay Abe's Odyssey! What a game.