SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th July 2011, 18:49

Default catharsis

I just feel like using this as a way of letting off some steam. I was around the west end today. normally I would be feeling anxious, that is to say i would have done up until a few years ago. instead in the last years i have just been feeling livid with anger every-time i go into crowded spaces, mainly because i see a lot of couples: love life has been something completely out of bounds to me because of my lack of confidence and so I feel incredibly bitter and resentful anytime I see people holding hands.

I am so cynical but the worst bit is that I don't believe my life will change. i do want to believe it and I am really trying my best to change my life around. I'm maybe thinking I can channel all this anger into something more constructive although i just don't really know how.

it would be a relief to know if anyone feels the same. but please don't anyone give me any moral guidance or advice about how anger or envy are bad, of course know i know they are.
Old 30th July 2011, 20:23

Mood
Happy

Default Re: catharsis

Could you re-direct that anger into a powerful tool for change. As an ex athlete with slight hopes of returning to fitness - at the moment I have an injured knee - but I've been able to resume my yoga practise - succeeding at competative running takes a guts and determination that I feel has some emotional parallels with anger.
I haven't even been on a date for 12 years but still I hope to meet someone to be with. I share your unease at seeing couples together but my main feelings are of envy.
I'm trying to bring my energy to evolving a fairly full life so that the fact that I live by myself is less hard but it's never easy. I try to connect with people as much as possible though there are times when this hurts and I have allowed myself to become discouraged and even demolished.
My reply feels much too much about myself but I do hope my thoughts might be some help.
With best wishes.
Peter
Closed Thread