Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th October 2021, 21:54
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

The way that television shows (soaps, dramas, etc) portray making friends and relationships as being so easy!
Old 10th October 2021, 03:02

How the whole of yesterday I could not wait to be asleep. And now I have woken up feeling refreshed feeling like it's 8am or something.
Old 10th October 2021, 03:19

^ Did you go to bed pretty early then?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 10th October 2021, 07:57

Mood
Fine

Some customers who come into my workplace are still wearing their covid masks on their chin rather than their face. For goodness sake, either put it on properly or take it off

Old 10th October 2021, 11:54

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Willow
The way that television shows (soaps, dramas, etc) portray making friends and relationships as being so easy!
Coronation street always makes me laugh with that.
Old 10th October 2021, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembo
The current trend of listening to music or taking phone calls on loudspeaker on public transport or in cafes, and seemingly on full volume. These people have no awareness of how incredibly irritating they are.
Sounds like something gangs of teens would normally be doing.
Old 10th October 2021, 13:21
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
Coronation street always makes me laugh with that.
I think they're all as bad as each other really.
The characters are literally able to just walk into a relationship like walking into a shop!
If only it were as easy in real life.

Another thing annoying me today is the phrase 'life hack' people put up stupid videos on social media of some ridiculous little trick that will transform your life.
I have actually seen a video of someone with a glass tumbler who made a handle for it using zip ties - why the hell does it need a handle? You can hold it in your hand or if you really must use something with a handle go and get a ****ing cup!
Old 10th October 2021, 13:55

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
My mum watches Emmerdale, and it seems very easy there too! Even in a village with about 10 houses. They also never swear, which is very funny in fight scenes as it’s very noticeable then.
Also, I can guarantee every teenager will have babies or do drugs.
Old 10th October 2021, 14:04

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
I think they're all as bad as each other really.
The characters are literally able to just walk into a relationship like walking into a shop!
If only it were as easy in real life.

Another thing annoying me today is the phrase 'life hack' people put up stupid videos on social media of some ridiculous little trick that will transform your life.
I have actually seen a video of someone with a glass tumbler who made a handle for it using zip ties - why the hell does it need a handle? You can hold it in your hand or if you really must use something with a handle go and get a ****ing cup!
That made me laugh
Old 13th October 2021, 02:20

At work today I was washing some plates and mugs. I recently also brought fairy liquid soap as our kitchens have a dishwasher but no soap. As a result the sink is brown and stained. The coffee mugs have coffee stains. What annoyed me was when my colleague asked why I was washing with soap when there is a machine. Sure the machine cleans the stuff however it doesn’t always clean them perfectly and it’s clear. Some temps came on Saturday and noticed how some cups that were machine washed still had lipstick stains. Sure the machine does its job but I also think the hotel is overly reliant on it to the point the machine is efficient but limiting when it comes to how clean the kitchen ware is.
Old 13th October 2021, 15:08

One of my cats had a dental examination yesterday. I'd been worried about this ever since the appointment was booked as there's always a risk something might go wrong with anesthesia. Anyway, when she needed the same thing a few years ago they called me while she was unconscious and explained what they'd found and asked permission to remove the teeth. This made sense since she was already there and prepared for it, so I said go ahead. Yesterday afternoon when I picked her up they said she needs another two teeth removed, but this time they hadn't bothered to call me while she was unconscious! Instead they said they can make another appointment for that procedure.

I'm not bothered about the money, I would pay anything to keep her happy and healthy, it just seems like an unnecessary extra risk to have general anesthetic again when there was no need to since they could have done the extractions while she was there. This vet place seems to have a reputation for being very good, but from what I've read it seems like others also feel they're taking the piss when it comes to how much things cost. E.g. the previous time teeth were removed it cost around £300, this time it was £330 for the "examination" and will be another £400+ approximately for the extraction.

I wanted to change surgeries before this, but I had to stick with this one because three other local places I called said they're no longer taking new patients since people have spent the last 18 months buying dogs.
Old 13th October 2021, 15:38

Mood
Cynical

^ It might be because they didn't have time to do the procedure then, maybe they already had other appointments booked straight afterwards.

My family's dog has had to have quite a few teeth removed over recent years and sometimes they've done as you said and removed the teeth in the same appointment while he was already there and other times they've just identified that he needs teeth removing and have asked for a seperate appointment to be made for it to be done.
Old 13th October 2021, 15:51

I suppose that could have been a reason, but nobody said that and I have a hard time trusting them after what happened with my other cat a couple of years ago. She fell off a wardrobe while asleep and had a problem with her kneecap where it would sometimes slip off until she lay down and popped it back on. The vet wanted to do a major operation on each leg, which would have involved spending months in a cage recovering each time, and the quote for that was £6500. The insurance would have covered it, but I wanted to keep an eye on her instead because everything I read about luxating patellas suggested her case was only very minor and that surgery was usually only recommended for severe cases (and would definitely cause early arthritis). She actually healed completely within a few weeks and has been fine ever since, so obviously the expensive operations would have been unnecessary. In a different timeline she would have gone through two surgeries for no reason at all and the vet would have been a lot richer.

An additional annoying thing is they said yesterday "We noticed during the examination that she already had a number of teeth missing" and I said "Yes, you removed them yourself a couple of years ago". It turns out he hadn't read her notes
Old 13th October 2021, 15:56

Mood
Cynical

^ Hmm, that definitely doesn't sound great!
Old 14th October 2021, 11:39

Don’t be shy
Old 14th October 2021, 20:15

Someone just knocked on the front door claiming to be raising money for Great Ormand Street. At 8 o'clock at night? Surely she's having a giraffe? She said she was sorry that she didn't catch us earlier.

*sniff* *sniff* something smells fishy!

I think I'll make an online donation just in case it was legit haha
Old 15th October 2021, 13:24

The weird and disturbing sounds my body makes, particularly when I'm trying to sleep.
Last night I was getting this odd crunching sound in my head, rhythmic so probably related to my heartbeat but very odd. Sometimes I hear popping sounds out of nowhere.
Old 16th October 2021, 20:59

I've got this weird feeling when I swallow, like there's a little ball at the roof of my mouth. Wonder if I accidentally burnt it. It's really uncomfortable and distracting!
Old 19th October 2021, 09:09

Phlegm.
Old 19th October 2021, 09:23

May try the non-dairy (even though it had scant impact when i tried it for hayfever)

Already do Olbas oil head steams - only converted this year - good stuff
Old 19th October 2021, 09:26

^^ No worries (i didn't see it that way )
Old 20th October 2021, 17:25

Gossipers
Old 20th October 2021, 21:02

Craving cheese. I'm going to have cheese dreams now.

I'm really strict about when I eat in the evenings. My family make fun of me for it.

If I go out for a meal I want to get there for about 5pm haha so I can eat by 6.

My annoyance is never finding anyone who is the same.
Old 20th October 2021, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
If I go out for a meal I want to get there for about 5pm haha so I can eat by 6.
Ahh, you want the early bird deal

Old 20th October 2021, 22:07

^ hahahaha

I'm ready to hang with the OAPs.
Old 20th October 2021, 22:15

^ hahaha

Drats, I've been rumbled!
Old 21st October 2021, 08:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Craving cheese. I'm going to have cheese dreams now.

I'm really strict about when I eat in the evenings. My family make fun of me for it.

My annoyance is never finding anyone who is the same.
I love eating early! At home I usually eat between 5-6pm, but when eating out I never want to get there later than about 6:30pm, which would usually be a compromise anyway - if it was just up to me then 5:45pm is the sweet spot, which is late enough that people don't think you're too weird but still nice and early. Some people book tables for 9pm! I don't get it. It's different when in other countries since you can adjust the rest of your routine to match.
Old 21st October 2021, 09:23

I'm an early eater too - at home, it's usually around 5.30-6pm. If I'm eating out with others, it's usually 7-7.30pm, but that's not my choice. Apparently, it's better for a healthy lifestyle to eat before 7pm so that food is digested by bedtime.
Old 21st October 2021, 09:29

I don't tend to finish work until 6:30 so I tend to eat then. At least now I'm working from home and not commuting so I can put something in the oven before I finish. When I was in the office I'd finish at 6:30, have an hour's commute and then have to wait half an hour or longer for something to cook.
Old 21st October 2021, 10:10

Mood
Cynical

Dinner time for me is about 6pm.