SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 31st May 2007, 23:23

Smile it does get eaiser

hi all, not been here for a while but without the support of you all i would not be here at all, as some off you know i went into re-hab for drink and drugs, well so far ive now been sober and clean for 16 months, thanks for all your support and letters whilst i was in re-hab. since i got of the drink and drugs my s.a is not quite as bad ive not had a panic attack for 12 months now and its getting better to talk to plp, i go to A.A twice a week and find it helps although sometimes i do get quite shaky and that but on the whole im moveing forward. i still see my doctor every 4 weeks and today life is good. my partner left so no more abuse there which is good my daughter is understanding and so supporting, i know now that drink and drugs played a part in my S.A. and that i will never be entillt free from it, and i still get bad days and good but am improving, ive just started reading a book by M.SCOOT PECK. called the road less travelled its a great read and helps a lot i also now do budist medatation which helps to calm me down and rid me off negative thoughts if only for a while. but trust me life is good to-day and im learning to live with S.A. so never give up hope love to you all and thanks for all the help i got here when i needed it most if i can help anyone please feel free to e-mail me take care love songbird xxxxx
Old 1st June 2007, 00:12
Gecko

Default Re: it does get eaiser

Very well done, songbird. Glad to hear how your situation is improving Hope things continue to go from strength to strength for you!
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:07

Mood
Pensive

Great to hear your life is improving songbird - well done for all you've achieved
Old 3rd June 2007, 09:14

well done songbird, keep it going.
Old 3rd June 2007, 20:21
I.G.

Keep up the good work, songbird, and well done
Old 3rd June 2007, 20:31

Great to read about your amazing progress, songbird.

I've got Peck's book as well and read some chapters in the beginning, it was interesting, I'll have to get back into it though.
Old 4th June 2007, 15:18

hi all, thanks for all your messages of support, lifes good to-day ive been doing some painting for a freind and feel preety posotive to-day off to a meeting tonight its gets eiaser each time i go to one, take care all and lots of love songbird xxx
Closed Thread