SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 20th June 2007, 11:09

Default want to go on Radio

I was not sure were to post this message but here goes i have been thinking for a long time that i would be prepared to go on radio to talk about SA and my experience of it. I would do radio because no one could see me and i would only have to talk to one person? I do feel scared when i think about it and i have no idea how to arrange it. I want to do this because SA is not really given much coverage and not a lot of people know of the misery we SA people suffer. I know that a lot of people suffer in silence and i think its time some one did some thing. Hope i am not going to regret posting this.
Old 20th June 2007, 11:38

Default Re: want to go on Radio

No it´s a good idea, someone posted a while back about an artical they had written was published in Heat magazine i think.
Anything to raise awarness is a good move.
Good on ya.
Old 20th June 2007, 11:55

Default Re: want to go on Radio

I went on radio last month - Toronto FM! they contacted me after an article id written on social anxiety, and asked to interview me. so i agreed.

I was hungover when I did it, and it was weird doing it in my living room, talking into the phone, while being live on canadian radio!

i figured it was canada, i didnt know anyone there, so it really didnt matter if i screwed up. and besides, someone might be listening who has SA, and maybe hearing the show woudl help them, and point them in the right direction of finding CBT. so that was the main point which i wanted to get across, which i did.

anyway, it was a good experience, and made me more comfortable about the media etc. the DJ kind of warmed to me, and i was cracking gags by the end, making her laugh etc. she kept on getting my name wrong, even after i corrected her, but **** it, no big deal.
Closed Thread