Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th October 2019, 10:13
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Sadly yes. Tho I have been honest and warned her that he plays loud music tho if you complain it will stop. He's been quiet most of the year up till last week (typical). Shes older as well so I think he'll be more respectful. He gets on well seemingly with the other 2 neighbours, he has it in for me tho.

I'm not happy about the situation but I have been up front with her.
Old 28th October 2019, 10:58

Mood
Relaxed

Strange that she would want to move in next to a problematic neighbour. Has she told you why she wants to move from where she is?
Old 28th October 2019, 11:22
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

She wants to be in a village with more going on, theres not a lot where she is. She loves my flat cause its bigger and upstairs. The garden is enclosed for her dog etc.. other than that I dont know, I am taking a risk that shes being on the level tho she did act a bit strange about the neighbours overhearing us. It's all a gamble I guess.
Old 28th October 2019, 14:41

Mood
Relaxed

Oh ok, that sounds plausible

Fingers crossed then

I guess the fact she's having doubts about moving shows it can't be that bad where she is. If it was terrible she would want to get swapped asap.
Old 28th October 2019, 17:28

Shit.

I feel like i've got about as much control of my life as someone in a coma.
Old 28th October 2019, 18:37

Mood
Creative

^me too I walked out of work today in a foul temper. Feel really ashamed, although I did apologise. I’m already treading on thin ice and if I lose more work I’m finished.
Old 28th October 2019, 18:45
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmosby
Oh ok, that sounds plausible

Fingers crossed then

I guess the fact she's having doubts about moving shows it can't be that bad where she is. If it was terrible she would want to get swapped asap.
Well, I want to move for a few reasons not just the neighbour (tho he is the main reason). It's a leap of faith admittedly.

Thanks

Yeah I guess that is true.
Old 28th October 2019, 19:35

I felt a bit anxious earlier and have eaten too much, wondering if this overeating is linked to being anxious.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 28th October 2019, 19:53
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Feeling a bit confused tbh
It's my aunt's birthday and everyone has been putting birthday messages on her Facebook, she's responded to everyone else's except mine
Old 28th October 2019, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterpoint
^me too I walked out of work today in a foul temper. Feel really ashamed, although I did apologise. I’m already treading on thin ice and if I lose more work I’m finished.
Oh dear, what happened at work??
Old 28th October 2019, 21:46

Mood
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
Oh dear, what happened at work??
I couldn’t take criticism, it felt like 20 years of it and I couldn’t control my rage. I went home saying I was unwell as I was clearly having some sort of breakdown. Everybody sent me messages that were very understanding. I think because I’m a person who never ever reacts or says anything, when I explode it feels massive to me as it is so against my character, but I think others are more ok with it than I fear they are. I have spent so much of my life withdrawn that I genuinely don’t understand the every day ins and outs of human emotions.
Old 28th October 2019, 22:11

^ Been there before, it's not pretty and it feels horrific
Old 28th October 2019, 22:31

Mood
Cynical

^^ Maybe this is a sign that you've been keeping quiet and holding in feelings when it isn't healthy for you and you need to start trying to express yourself more (not that I'm saying that's easy ofcourse!)
Old 29th October 2019, 00:19
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by something55
i'm nearly as old as the gameboy...
noggin all nostalgic although i remember my tamagotchi more
I'm older than the Gameboy, I'm actually as old as the Nintendo NES
Old 29th October 2019, 07:43

^ hope you're OK biscuits

I'm feeling a bit rubbish this morning, woke up with a headache, of course far too early because of the clock change.
Old 29th October 2019, 11:38
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^Yes I keep waking up to early cause of the clock change too Hope your headache goes.

^^ Hope you feel better soon biscuits Hopefully it's just a random blip.
Old 29th October 2019, 11:42

Mood
Breezy

Sorry to hear that Biscuits. Sounds like an anxiety attack of some form. Is anything bothering you particularly at the moment?
Old 29th October 2019, 16:06

Mood
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^^ Maybe this is a sign that you've been keeping quiet and holding in feelings when it isn't healthy for you and you need to start trying to express yourself more (not that I'm saying that's easy ofcourse!)
Yes, it’s been a sign for many years and I have not been able to assert or express my needs. I’m worried about my physical health as I would say I am unhappy/stressed/worried 24/7, and I’m not 20 anymore, but perhaps that is just a normal part of being an adult and I’m dreaming? Today my bank has messaged me as I cannot pay my rent, I feel overwhelmed and I don’t even know where to begin to change things.
Old 29th October 2019, 16:18

Forgotten and disappointed.
Old 29th October 2019, 20:22

Left out and lonely.
Old 29th October 2019, 21:26

Mood
Cynical

^ You don't have to be ashamed of feeling that way, you're not the only one who experiences things like that
Old 29th October 2019, 22:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
moving is off the table.
That sucks Mo sorry to hear.
From the things you've posted here, your neighbour is causing you a lot of grief for a considerable amount of time now.
Try one thing, go to your council's website Housing section, find the 'Housing Allocation Policy' document.
If they have a section describing something along the lines of "current housing adversely affecting your physical or mental health", see what their specific rules around it are.

I have a feeling you would fall under the category of just the above.
You have, I reckon, several years of documented instances (Police, etc) of things that have happened re this neighbour?
I remember you saying a few times about not wanting to return home or leave the house because he's around, drinking, verbal threats, music etc.
That, along with a letter from your GP confirming the above.
And also maybe even a letter from your Mind place - especially since the progress you've recently re your course/job etc.
If you fall within the council's parameters, whilst you may not get social housing, you may be eligible for the council's assistance in finding a 1 bed from a council approved private landlord.
Which would mean being in a place that is decent and 'approved' for your circumstances.
Old 30th October 2019, 10:05

I found out this morning that a friend from another message board died last month I never met him in person, but we'd known each other on there for probably around 12 years. He posted quite a lot almost every day, but then suddenly stopped in September. Yesterday I asked if anyone had heard from him since it seemed odd for him to go quiet like that, and we were discussing how to check if he was okay since nobody knew his name or had any contact details. Someone managed to put together a few things he'd said over the years and found his sister on Facebook, and it turned out he died the same day he made his last post. He was only 30.
Old 30th October 2019, 10:25

Mood
Breezy

Shit, suicidal urges are particularly strong at the moment.
Old 30th October 2019, 10:25

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
I found out this morning that a friend from another message board died last month I never met him in person, but we'd known each other on there for probably around 12 years. He posted quite a lot almost every day, but then suddenly stopped in September. Yesterday I asked if anyone had heard from him since it seemed odd for him to go quiet like that, and we were discussing how to check if he was okay since nobody knew his name or had any contact details. Someone managed to put together a few things he'd said over the years and found his sister on Facebook, and it turned out he died the same day he made his last post. He was only 30.
Sorry to hear that Jen.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:14

Mood
Breezy

^Thanlks.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:59

Mood
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya97
Counterpoint - focus on one thing at a time, anyone would feel overwhelmed trying to handle many things at once. Make a list, if it helps, and focus on the things you can change. Hope you feel better soon
Thank you Tanya, sage advice indeed. My kindly brother has stepped into help me out of the immediate problem provided I pay him back before January, so I need to work extra hard to pull the funds together.

Percy, sorry to hear you are feeling like that.
Old 30th October 2019, 15:46

Really struggling at the moment.
Old 30th October 2019, 15:53

Mood
Creative

^

Reading children’s stories is the only thing that helps me at the moment when I’m at my lowest. It brings a little bit of wonder back to life.
Old 30th October 2019, 17:48
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by genovese
That sucks Mo sorry to hear.
From the things you've posted here, your neighbour is causing you a lot of grief for a considerable amount of time now.
Try one thing, go to your council's website Housing section, find the 'Housing Allocation Policy' document.
If they have a section describing something along the lines of "current housing adversely affecting your physical or mental health", see what their specific rules around it are.

I have a feeling you would fall under the category of just the above.
You have, I reckon, several years of documented instances (Police, etc) of things that have happened re this neighbour?
I remember you saying a few times about not wanting to return home or leave the house because he's around, drinking, verbal threats, music etc.
That, along with a letter from your GP confirming the above.
And also maybe even a letter from your Mind place - especially since the progress you've recently re your course/job etc.
If you fall within the council's parameters, whilst you may not get social housing, you may be eligible for the council's assistance in finding a 1 bed from a council approved private landlord.
Which would mean being in a place that is decent and 'approved' for your circumstances.
Hi. Thanks for the advice . It is something I've done.

I didn't think I'd be high up for housing but went through with making an applicatiopn on medical grounds ( my neighbours behaviour worsening my mental health). Got a letter from my GP and from MIND and got placed in Band A (the higest band) still may take some time but atleast the options there and in place. They did mention the private lettings service they run I haven't taken them up on (as yet) as I was a bit unsure how much it would cost (i.e it possibly being over the LHA). If I get desperate tho...

He's playing music as I speak *sigh* not extreme (at the min) but it all seems to be starting again.