SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th May 2018, 16:26

Mood
Starving

Default Has anyone attended a passport interview?

I've got an appointment booked, but the email confirmation letter says i can't bring anyone into the office. I was hoping someone would be able to come with me and, although i know not be to be with me during the interview, wait with me until i have the interview.
Old 29th May 2018, 17:47

Default Re: Has anyone attended a passport interview?

I did, it was 08/09 though. But I was 18 I think and very nervous and it was fine, really easy, guy was nice and could see I was nervous. Also they know the difference between the people to be wary about and those that are obviously just looking to go on holiday. You'll be ok, just explain to the person that you're nervous and anxious about anything like that and hopefully it'll all go through. I mean the person you need as a ''reference' in my case i'd never even met mine and still got through ok! So yeah good luck and hopefully you'll be fine.
Old 29th May 2018, 19:49

Mood
Alienated

I had mine 2 years ago at the grand old age of 30

I really wouldn't treat it as an "interview" its way more laid back than that, she could tell in about 10 seconds I was who I said I was and it just became "I know its a bit of a stupid question but could you tell me which way you came here this morning"

I don't see why someone can't wait with you before the interview, where I had mine it was just some generic..office..type place with loads of individual rooms dotted about and a large waiting area.
Old 10th June 2018, 17:05

Mood
Starving

Thanks for the replies. I went the other day and it went perfectly ok. Someone came with me and it was fine for them to wait in the waiting area too