SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th February 2010, 10:53

Mood
Sad

Default What do I say to Doc

I have decided I am going to book an appointment for the docs......soon (when I pluck up the courage)

Im not sure what I should say?

I tried to go once before about my SA, and the doctor didnt have a clue what I was on about, maybe I didnt make myself to clear either, I had it all worked out in my head what I was gonna say and then when I got in there I went blank, I was so nervous and my voice was shaking so much he could barely understand what I was saying. I just wanted to get out of there fast.

So should I justgo in and say I think I have SA?
Old 9th February 2010, 11:03

Default Re: What do I say to Doc

When I went I wrote what I wanted to say down and give it to him. Apparantlly doctors are used to this sort of thing plus this way you don't forget anything. Best of luck.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:12

Mood
Happy

The first time I went to the doctors I didn't know about SA. I found it hard to make him understand what was going on. He said that I was stressed. I got extremely angry with him and stormed out of the room, I just felt that he wasn't listening to me. I changed my doctor and did some research of my own, and came across SA. It all began to make sense then. I went to my doctor and told him about SA, and I believed that to be my problem. He accepted this right away and set up an appointment with my local mental health team. I felt horrible telling the doctor about it, but it has put me on the right path now. I do urge you to go to the doctor asap and tell him about your SA. Good luck.
Old 9th February 2010, 13:14

Mood
Balanced

It's a good idea to write things down so that you don't forget anything and if you lose your nerve you can resort to the script. Good Luck
Old 9th February 2010, 19:54

Mood
Nerdy

Write things down , thats what i did last week and the doctor read them and i could then remember other things to say.
Remeber doctors have seen most different conditions so they have a lot of knowledge that they can diagnose with.
Good luck and try not to worry.
Closed Thread