SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th October 2017, 12:11

Mood
Pensive

Default choosing schools

Would it be best sending a child a school with his cousins and close to grandparents or one away from them. I have sa when dealing with my sisters and their partners, this means I will have to see them all the time if I choose that school. Or should I choose a different one where I don't know anyone and won't feel as much sa when going to pick my child up.
Im worried i will be stressed going to the school gates everyday and I don't know what to decide.
Old 5th October 2017, 14:27

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: choosing schools

Would either option be better for your child? Are they friendly with their cousins?
Old 5th October 2017, 15:05

I was never close to my cousins (I mean they were either much older or girls), maybe it'd be good to get your kid friendly with them? For if they ever visit.

I think maybe whichever is closer might be less stressful in those regards too, if there's a school closer.
Old 5th October 2017, 20:28

Mood
Pensive

Thank you for the replies
I'm not close to my sister's so he doesn't see his cousins that much apart from family patries etc.
The schools nearby arent that good maybe taking him the other school with his cousins would be better for him. I also went that school as a child so it has a family connection. Just dreading future school runs already.