SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th March 2018, 15:53

Mood
Pensive

Default Anxiety medication

Is there an anxiety medication that I can take with fluoxetine which won't cause sleep problems. I take fluoxetine and it help with my mood and o.c.d . But I need something to help with anxiety which won't cause insomnia. I have tried citrolpram but it didn't suit me.
Old 24th March 2018, 19:53

Mood
Musical

Default Re: Anxiety medication

Fluoxetine is known to be quite a stimulating ssri in general so that might be causing
The sleep problems. Ssri***8217;s are a bit hit and miss so if it***8217;s helping with mood and ocd at least you are getting some benefit. Chopping and changing can be a nightmare on the med go round and it***8217;s a bit of a crap shoot like you found with citalopram. Maybe try augmenting it
With pregabalin as it***8217;s good for anxiety. Other ones are buspar which can boost your ssri although it***8217;s known to be quite mild and works for few people. Other anxiety meds are benzo***8217;s but they build tolerance and known to have the worst withdrawals.