SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd July 2014, 12:29
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Going to the toilet in someone else's place

Number one- no problem but number two- a living nightmare.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:04

Mood
Insomnious

Default Re: Going to the toilet in someone else's place

Is the issue that people might hear you?

It's certainly not something I look forward to, but I find that turning on the sink water at least muffles the noise.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:19

I have this problem too. I suffer from constipation which doesn't help and can be on the loo ages at home I couldn't risk it in anyone elses house as some people would make a comment if im on the loo more than a few minutes, never mind half hour. Some people dont have a loo brush! So embarrassing if any marks left behind, or block the loo, leave a smell, take too long, or, not enough loo roll !! Too complicated, and stressful so i avoid it as much as possible.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:25

Mood
Insomnious

^ I always carry a small packet of sanitary wipes for just such occasions!!
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:41

Quote:
^ I always carry a small packet of sanitary wipes for just such occasions!!
Good idea

With my memory, id buy them and leave them at home. I try to remember to take tissues or loo roll everywhere with me but forget !
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:41

Mood
Balanced

I have to be pretty desperate to use someone else's loo, and as for using public toilets well that's a absolute no go area, that stems from a time when I was in my early 20's; a guy tried to molest me mid flow, in a public toilet, I now have a key for toilets for the disabled, and use them if I absolutely must.
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:03
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:

Not so much that . More leaving marks/blocking the toilet and of course-the smell.
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:49

When I read the thread title I thought: can't they go for themselves? Why do they have to get you to go for them?
Old 26th July 2014, 21:40

Mood
Lurking

Oh god no i can't use the toilet in someone else's house - the thought of having to ask where it is, getting lost trying to find it because i didn't listen to them, trying to find the light, getting up infront of people and probably tripping and falling, then worrying if they'd hear me in the toilet, what if it won't flush, what if someone comes in straight after me and there's a smell..... A number two is just out of the question. I'd die of embarrassment. I don't even use the toilet at work - i wait until i've got a break and run home.
Old 27th July 2014, 02:52

Mood
Sleepy

The worst thing is going to the toilet at school. There are several reasons for this.
1: unhygienic - even though the youngest people in secondary school are 11/12, there is still inordinate amounts of piss on the floor, and subsequently the whole room stinks (I also once found shit smeared all over the cubicle doors).
2: poorly equipped - rarely ever any soap in the dispenser, nor any sodding toilet paper (you'll have to use your socks).
3: idiots and their opinions - for some reason taking a shit at school is frowned upon, treated as some freakish and weird thing to do. Yeah, shitting... that thing that every single human being on this planet do almost every day! How bizarre!
I know taking a crap in a school toilet is a horrendous experience, but if you gotta go, you gotta go! What do want me to do, shit my pants?

As a result of this I rarely went to the toilet at school. I was relatively okay with pisses, but pooping was awful. I usually take at least 20 minutes to take a dump at home, I always use wet wipes, and am very thorough when wiping. This is impossible in the school environment, with it's cheap, horrible sand-paper. On the odd occasions when I was forced to have a poo at school, I spent the rest of the day with an itchy ass because of this.

And yeah, going for a poo at other peoples houses is also terrifying (but not quite as bad as at school). In fact, I don't like pooing in general, at least not the whole wiping process.
Old 27th July 2014, 05:23

Mood
Lurking

As someone who has been incontinent since birth due to Spina Bifida,
I have dealt and still deal with any issue any of you on this thread can think of x100, on a daily basis.

I always carry a kind of kit/sports bag with me wherever I go, containing everything from loo roll, wet wipes, alcohol gel, vinyl gloves as well as the obviously needed medical supplies. I'm guessing carrying a sports bag would be a bit too much for most of you, so maybe carry alcohol gel and wet wipes in your pockets.

This condition and the associated problems are probably one of the biggest causes of my anxiety.
Old 27th July 2014, 07:11

Mood
Bitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
The worst thing is going to the toilet at school. There are several reasons for this.
1: unhygienic - even though the youngest people in secondary school are 11/12, there is still inordinate amounts of piss on the floor, and subsequently the whole room stinks (I also once found shit smeared all over the cubicle doors).
2: poorly equipped - rarely ever any soap in the dispenser, nor any sodding toilet paper (you'll have to use your socks).
3: idiots and their opinions - for some reason taking a shit at school is frowned upon, treated as some freakish and weird thing to do. Yeah, shitting... that thing that every single human being on this planet do almost every day! How bizarre!
I know taking a crap in a school toilet is a horrendous experience, but if you gotta go, you gotta go! What do want me to do, shit my pants?

As a result of this I rarely went to the toilet at school. I was relatively okay with pisses, but pooping was awful. I usually take at least 20 minutes to take a dump at home, I always use wet wipes, and am very thorough when wiping. This is impossible in the school environment, with it's cheap, horrible sand-paper. On the odd occasions when I was forced to have a poo at school, I spent the rest of the day with an itchy ass because of this.

And yeah, going for a poo at other peoples houses is also terrifying (but not quite as bad as at school). In fact, I don't like pooing in general, at least not the whole wiping process.

similar. I NEVER in all my school life went to the toilet even once when at school. The thought of asking the teacher in class would draw attention to me.
To counter this, I would drink very little in school hours and become dehydrated and irritated.
so rather than using my (at the time) smart brain to excel, I would use it to hold in pee.

really stupid now I think about it
Old 27th July 2014, 09:32

Hate going to the toilet at work or friends' place - my anxiety symptoms include bad diarrhoea which can be highly embarrassing. Unfortunately using the communal toilets is the only option, and I dread someone coming in right after me or at the same time as me. The whole thing is highly anxiety provoking and unavoidable, gets me down no end. My work culture is very laddish too, so any opportunity to invite ridicule will be exploited
Old 27th July 2014, 15:48

I actually feel nervous doing number twos at home when my parents are around. The thought of doing one at someone else's house, or in a public toilet, is mortifying to me. Also, yeah, school toilets are horrifically vile places.
Old 27th July 2014, 16:12

Could be a problem for anyone…

When Marilyn Monroe started going out with Arthur Miller, she was asked round to his parents for a meal. She wanted to go to the toilet and it was upstairs. She realised it was the room directly above where the others were, so, to disguise any sound she ran the tap while she was on the loo.
Next day when his father was saying what he had thought of her he said 'Seems like a nice girl. Pisses like a horse!'
Old 27th July 2014, 16:26
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

As well as the toilet issue as i'm staying there a couple of days there's the bath issue. At home i tend to make do with strip washes as i'm not too fond of my bath- low and narrow and i feel like a human sardine- but my step daughter is a bath every night type. If she runs the bath for her then she's the sort to say 'do you want to get in after me.?'
I f i say 'no' to a bath she'll think 'scabby' . Then there's the whole issue of once i'm in pyjamas do i then head straight for bed . Is it infra dig to sit in your step daughter's lounge in your pyjamas ? If you are staying at someone else's should you wear underpants under your pjs?

Of course if i was normal i wouldn't have this crap going through my head.
Old 27th July 2014, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
Was it just the school I went to that has toilet roll like tracing paper, it was all smooth and shiny and rubbish for its intended purpose.
I remember that stuff. It was called Izal and was the worst possible stuff for the purpose. What on earth were they thinking of?

Old 29th July 2014, 04:51

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheys
similar. I NEVER in all my school life went to the toilet even once when at school. The thought of asking the teacher in class would draw attention to me.
To counter this, I would drink very little in school hours and become dehydrated and irritated.
so rather than using my (at the time) smart brain to excel, I would use it to hold in pee.

really stupid now I think about it
On the rare occasions where I did go for a crap at school, I didn't really have a choice. Well I did: go to the toilet or soil yourself. Sometimes you just can't hold it. Usually I would hold it in until I go home though (that can't have been healthy).
Old 29th July 2014, 14:35

Mood
Alienated

^^ I had just about got the bad memories of that stuff out of my mind but it all came flooding back to me when I saw the pic of IZAL .

If I am really really busting I will do a no.1 but I have got home on many occasions crippled with pain from holding onto my pee rather than go at someone else's place and that place is usually only my sisters. Don't have a problem with no.2 though but that is only because just the thought of it at another persons house makes me constipated
Old 29th July 2014, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossieman
^^ I had just about got the bad memories of that stuff out of my mind but it all came flooding back to me when I saw the pic of IZAL .
Old 29th July 2014, 22:31
Global Moderator

When I was a kid I remember not crapping for a week because we went on holiday to pontins I'm not so bad these days, but I'm still not keen on strange toilets.
Old 31st July 2014, 22:41

Mood
Dead

I don't mind going to the toilet in others houses or in public toilets, it's got to go out one way or another. I don't care what people think although I'd prefer to do it at home.

If you dont want anyone to hear, flush the toilet as it's about to drop. lol
Old 1st August 2014, 00:52

I can't use urinals. I am too anxious to.....erm........perform.
Old 3rd August 2014, 22:55

Mood
Relaxed

My poo smells of poo....so embarrassing
Old 11th August 2014, 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedViperOfDorne
I actually feel nervous doing number twos at home when my parents are around. The thought of doing one at someone else's house, or in a public toilet, is mortifying to me. Also, yeah, school toilets are horrifically vile places.
This is really sad that you feel nervous at home this is the one place you should feel comfortable