SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd April 2024, 17:29

Mood
Relaxed

Arrow You know that moment when you walk into a room full of people you don't know.....

.....this is easier.....I feel that plenty of challenging times are ahead for me in the real world and I've no doubt that there will be plenty of others here that will probably be feeling similarly anxious so I'm hoping to gain support from you all and ultimately some peace of mind that everything will be okay and maybe I can reciprocate in like manner.
I've suffered with SA for as long as I can remember although I found my own coping strategies gave me some semblance of happiness for a many years before lockdown and ill health messed things up.
Psychedelic therapy has made a huge difference to my life the last 18 months but getting back to where I was in life is proving difficult, I'm in a huge rut. Anxiety meds were my downfall in the past and I won't go near them again so I'm continuing with alternative therapies and surrounding myself with the positivity and light of my family as well as friends old and you.
I'm well into my fifties, regrets I have a few and life can often be unkind but it's how you deal with it all I guess.
I like to read, a keen photographer both film and digital, a poet, a conspiracy realist, a Christian, I miss hiking so much and hope to walk the Cape Wrath Trail and will use that as one of my main goals during recovery. I really hope to get to travel abroad too before this world goes into a complete meltdown, Philippines, Viet Nam and Cambodia would be nice. I listen to the radio constantly, 6Music or TMF usually and just purchased some vintage Hi-Fi seperates to play some vinyl. I've just started watching the mockumentary 'People Just Do Nothing' on YT which is so funny.
Enough of me, how are all of you?

P.S Thank you Azi for activating my account.
Old 22nd April 2024, 23:30

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: You know that moment when you walk into a room full of people you don't know.....

Welcome Hylas
Old 23rd April 2024, 00:01

Default Re: You know that moment when you walk into a room full of people you don't know.....

Hi Hylas

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find this site helpful.
Old 23rd April 2024, 14:40

Do NOT whatever you do, ever take any dietary advice from Chester (Chess above)

Old 23rd April 2024, 15:43

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull

Hi Seagull, advice heeded....I can't undo all the good work I've put in losing excess weight over the last 18 months by going back to processed foods again however much I love pork pies, chocolate and crisps. Lockdown almost finished me off but thankfully mushrooms brought me to my senses.
Old 23rd April 2024, 15:49

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
Welcome Hylas
Thanks Dougella, it's nice to be here
Old 23rd April 2024, 15:52

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess&Junkfood
Hi Hylas

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find this site helpful.
Hi Chester
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull

I can't dispute it, Seagull.
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:24

Welcome Hylas
Old 23rd April 2024, 18:30

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear
Welcome Hylas
Hi Bluebear and thank you
Old 24th April 2024, 10:36

Hi Hylas
Old 24th April 2024, 10:58

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amara 94
Hi Hylas
Good morning Amara
Old 24th April 2024, 19:31

Mood
Lurking

Hi Hylas

Another SA sufferer who is also in late 50's, what you wrote strikes a chord with me as well, it doesn't seem to get any better the older you get.
Old 24th April 2024, 22:53

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphrey
Hi Hylas

Another SA sufferer who is also in late 50's, what you wrote strikes a chord with me as well, it doesn't seem to get any better the older you get.
Hi Humphrey, ain't that the truth. What makes it worse is that I was doing just fine and then all hell's demon's, plague and firey brimstone rained down on me. It's the missed opportunities and lost connections that bother me the most.....It ain't over until it's over though, I go again.
Old 27th April 2024, 11:05

hello and welcome

people just do nothing is funny I remember it on bbc3
Old 27th April 2024, 12:33

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytim7
hello and welcome

people just do nothing is funny I remember it on bbc3
Hi Tim, hope you're having the best weekend my friend. I don't get to watch many BBC shows so nice to find all three seasons on YT. Omg though, you know it's funny when you spit out your coffee.