Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th August 2010, 18:20

Mood
Relaxed

Default I'll Try Again

After being ignored in the anxiety room i thought i would give it a last shot in here , fingers crossed ,

Although i,m not new here , been a member for many years , i never feel like i fit in , maybe because i,m older 47 and from london , . Brief history Had SA for 20 odd years which is getting progressively worse , I have had various medications which i have now stopped and am now on my 20th session of counciling for my SA , but after all these years i still have not found anywhere i can feel part of . My therapist says i need to be around people , and try and get involved but how ? , are there groups that meet up , what to do and where to go , it goes on and on

apart from all that i,m pretty normal
Thanks

Blade
Old 30th August 2010, 20:33

Default Re: I'll Try Again

Hey Blade,

yeh there seems to be a number of meets in various parts of the country, through the site.

check out this section.
http://www.social-anxiety-community....splay.php?f=18

being as ur in London, Id guess there will be a few meets going on in ur part of the world. But if there isn't, u could maybe suggest something and get the ball rolling.

Iv never managed to go to a meet myself (I'm in Scotland so theres are less people for meets) Id defo like to go to one at some point. Best of luck !
Old 30th August 2010, 20:55

Mood
Relaxed

Thanks for the reply John , was begining to think i was invisible , no point me arranging anything as i might not have the nerve to turn up , its day by day for me , would be good to know about a over 30s meet though , so i could look from afar and make my mind up at last min , all i know is i need to get things sorted before its too late

Blade
Old 30th August 2010, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
, would be good to know about a over 30s meet though , so i could look from afar and make my mind up at last min , all i know is i need to get things sorted before its too late
I pretty sure someone was on trying to organise just that, not too long ago, have a search through the meets forum section. ( I cant remember who it was, sorry)

I know that feeling all to well, when I used to still see people I was for ever changing my mind last and dropping out of things. (To the point people stopped asking)

Perhaps going along to an already arranged meet, might be the way forward, that way if u don't feel like going, it wont matter as much, as it would if ud organised it.

I can only go with what people have said on here, but its mainly been very positive feedback about meets, we need to remember that its meets with people very much in the same boat as ourselves.
Old 30th August 2010, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Although i,m not new here , been a member for many years , i never feel like i fit in , maybe because i,m older 48 and from london , . Brief history Had SA for 20 odd years which is getting progressively worse , I have had various medications which i have now stopped and am now on my 20th session of counciling for my SA , but after all these years i still have not found anywhere i can feel part of . My therapist says i need to be around people , and try and get involved but how ? , are there groups that meet up , what to do and where to go , it goes on and on

apart from all that i,m pretty normal
Thanks

Blade
Hello Blade, welcome back
I'm sure you fit in here just as much as any of us do!
No idea really how to start meeting people except for perhaps trying some sauk meets as John Rane suggested. I have been to three in my local area now, and it gets a little easier each time
Old 31st August 2010, 20:26

Mood
Relaxed

Thanks Seaw , nothing seems to be easy lately , its difficult to know which way to go

Blade
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:22

Mood
Pensive

It's not a case of being ignored Blade - it's just that people (me included) don't have time to read every post or reply. You have just been unlucky. I was trying to gee up interest for an over-40s meet but it seems to have lost momentum now. If you go to an ordinary meet though you often find a mix of people of different ages.
Closed Thread