SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 4th July 2019, 15:41

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

I saw a psychiatrist today and I now have an official diagnosis for BPD. I honestly just feel relieved that I can be open and honest with my family about how I'm feeling and the way that my brain works. They can understand now why I behave the way I do and why I do the things I do when previously they would just get angry at me. Also relieved that I'm finally gonna get the help and support that I need.

It was a little upsetting having to tell her everything but it's over now.
Old 4th July 2019, 17:37

THANK YOU, so much for your kind and supportive replies, folks!

Not been great these past few days with intermittent floods of tears. Still trying to process this new reality. I have never been able to cope well with change, to be honest. This is the biggest change of my - and family's - lifetime. I'm just trying to take one day at a time. Hopefully, my mum gets to have a few years with us before it really progresses. She is healthy, otherwise. Even her dentist seriously thought she was at most aged early 40s, not 25 yrs older! Couldn't believe she had a bus pass! Both my parents look young for their age. But I do worry about a sudden deterioration, like my Grandma had with this horrible disease. And now the worry of getting it, or other family members, even though it's not suppose to be genetic. But mum has now it after my Grandma died of it.

Yesterday my brother and I went round to my parents, and I did feel better for it. It kinda felt almost normal...bro and I moaning about brexit/Tories etc ;-) ...my dad moaning about Nicola Sturgeon *rolls eyes*. Like I said, just taking things a day at a time...

Mr Nobody -

You need to change your name, because you're anything but...You are Mister-Lovely-kind-gentle-soul, and Mr LP can't speak highly enough of you. Hope, you're doing ok.

Genovese -

Thanks for good advice about counselling. I will be fully open with them about everything. I'm just so glad I have 5 more sessions to go, and the next one in a couple of weeks to help me begin to deal with all this...

Percy -

Ha! not sure if it's good or bad that you remember me! I used to fanny about a lot on here. I did contemplate a name change....but thought, "Och, bugger it!"

We won't call you nosey. We'll, just say...curious.;•)

Now, you can pm me your old monniker.

Consolida -
Thank you for your kind, lovely words of support. So sorry about your dad. That must have been awful to go through. Hope you are ok.

newbs16 -
Thank you for your supportive post and we'll wishes. Here have one of these...

[Damn it! Not been on for years & still see there is a 'smilies' limit per post Grrr]

Biscuits -

Thank you so much for your support and lovely hug. :•) Hope ur ok

LP xxx
Old 4th July 2019, 19:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ also you get 123 biscuit points for being a fan of Harold and Maude. I really want to watch it now
Just so happen to have the dvd on shelf beside me. You got the biscuits sorted, I'll stick the kettle on - good times!
Old 4th July 2019, 22:11

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Palmer
Percy -

Ha! not sure if it's good or bad that you remember me! I used to fanny about a lot on here. I did contemplate a name change....but thought, "Och, bugger it!"

We won't call you nosey. We'll, just say...curious.;•)

Now, you can pm me your old monniker.

I'm sure I remember you though. Where you also around 2007-2009ish?
Old 4th July 2019, 22:29

I don't like being like this, irritability this isn't the person I want to be .
Old 5th July 2019, 05:36
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Whimsical Stranger
I saw a psychiatrist today and I now have an official diagnosis for BPD. I honestly just feel relieved that I can be open and honest with my family about how I'm feeling and the way that my brain works. They can understand now why I behave the way I do and why I do the things I do when previously they would just get angry at me. Also relieved that I'm finally gonna get the help and support that I need.

Ah, glad to hear, Whims! It is such a huge difference in perspective isn't it? Also yourself too. You don't have to be as harsh on yourself knowing that is just how your brain works rather than that you are just intrinsically a bad or 'not normal' person. I recall you mentioned studying too? Onwards and upwards, Whim. Sounds like you are doing super well in trying to move forward. Over the moon for you because it seemed like you were having a difficult time with yourself recently!
Old 5th July 2019, 11:59

Rather bricking it. Have a Skype meeting with a potential masters' research supervisor this afternoon. Have to do a short presentation on my research proposal as a part of it - a research proposal I thought was only meant to be a tentative indication of the sort of thing you might like to look at once actually on the course and that I really haven't been able to spend much time on what with the full-time job and my degree course finishing only a few weeks ago.

Ugh.
Old 5th July 2019, 16:25

^ You are clearly a super intelligent fellow, Appear I'm sure you sailed through the Skype presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Whimsical Stranger

So pleased for you to have at last gotten a proper diagnosis. It must be such a relief for you to be able to be more open with your family about certain things and for them to hopefully understand why you sometimes behave the way that you do. It's also great that you can now get exactly the right treatment and support that you need. Nice one Whimsical x
Old 5th July 2019, 17:07

^^
I agree with Consolida! That sounds very impressive to me! At a push, I suppose I could be a cleaner of a masters research department. Even then I would be concerned about my mopping skills in that environment. Very impressive! To give you an idea of how impressed I am right now, just the other day on this forum, I was commenting on how I would like to extract HH’s articulate and analytical skills for my own personal gain! Now don’t get me wrong, I still want to drain those skills right out of HH! But what can I tell ya, there’s a new impressive noggin in town!

That being said, I don’t want to overstep my boundaries on this forum. So I will just say that I hope that Skype has gone well for you!
Old 5th July 2019, 17:57

^ Cheers!

I bet that ain't true about you at all. Everyone can do more than mop floors, and I'd hazard a guess you could do much more, including a masters'.

Plus it's only in psychology - the less accomplished sibling of the natural sciences.

^^ If only, but thanks, Consolida! He did agree to supervise though, and I've been told unofficially that I have a conditional place on the course!
Old 5th July 2019, 18:18
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Too many things going on. I seem to have a right run of bad luck at the min :/ Now need to take my car back to the garage and fight for either a refund or the car to be fixed. *sigh*. I do have a warranty and should also be protected by the consumer act and the fact I paid the deposit with a credit card - so credit card protection potentially. But still it's all anxiety provoking. *sigh*

I did go to my Access course interview, which was ok. She said I'd been accepted there and then but haven't yet received the letter. So as much as it's positive it's thrown me into a right world of turmoil. Do I or don't I do the course, do I see if I can do the job with MIND as well (if offered it) or, or, or.... Its doing my head in.

Also spoke to victim support about my neighbour (not a lot of help - there website is very misleading) and have a doctors appointment next Friday about the general anxiety he seems to be creating in me. Probably be a waste of time but hey ho.
Old 5th July 2019, 18:55

^ I sympathise on the neighbour front, ours is driving us bonkers at the moment. He seems to be nocturnal
Old 5th July 2019, 19:10
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Really? It's terrible that it seems so little can be done. Or if it can be it takes a heck of a long time.
Old 5th July 2019, 19:23

^ We've been offered recording equipment by the council but I don't think he is making enough noise for extended periods of time at high enough levels for them to be able to do anything

Last night he was banging for about 10 mins at 10.30pm whilst we were trying to sleep. Lots of stomping around. More noise at midnight including hoovering. Then he was stomping around at 4.00am too. He isn't really a problem during the day but it gets to about 9.00pm and that's it, he suddenly springs into action
Old 5th July 2019, 19:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ yeah that's the trouble my neighbour at times is blaring music like a nightclub but at other times (and currently) it's actually the vibrations of bass that are driving me bonkers. Which I doubt recording equipment would pick up as loud. It travels up my bedroom wall though. Wed from 4pm to 6.30am. ridiculous. Tho in my case what holds me back of complaining again at the min is the threat of harassment or violence.

How bizarre, hoovering at midnight! . Trouble is after awhile you become hyper sensitive to it/all noises and it drives you even madder.

Out of interest with the environmental health ppl, do they inform the person your complaining about that they have given you recording equipment?
Old 5th July 2019, 21:19

^ Sounds like torture to me, Mo and Indigo
I don't understand why people are so damn thoughtless when it comes to noise and their neighbours. You just know that if they were in a similar position they would be shouting the odds and banging on your door or worse

Fed up. Right now I wish I lived on a desert island completely alone
Old 5th July 2019, 23:22
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

I have been feeling reasonably good today until about an hour ago when I started overthinking things, now I feel rather despondent.
Old 5th July 2019, 23:37

Thanks Biscuits, Deer and Consolida.
Old 6th July 2019, 07:04

Mood
Musical

Not feeling to bad to be honest just my 90 year old back seems to be giving me problems just not quite right which is hampering me going climbing i'm still gonna go this morning and see how it holds hopefully it will and i will enjoy it!
Old 6th July 2019, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Out of interest with the environmental health ppl, do they inform the person your complaining about that they have given you recording equipment?
No I don't think that they do. When the lady from environmental health met with our neighbour to speak to him she just said that other neighbours had approached her about the noise, obviously not saying who.

Our neighbour knows it's us because we bang on his ceiling when he is noisy. All he does is knock back though.
Old 6th July 2019, 11:45
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Thanks

Yeah my neighbor already knows i'm the complainer
Old 6th July 2019, 11:52

Quote:
^ Thanks

It's usually pretty easy for them to find out who has been complaining. Then you've got the confrontation element, the potential repercussions from speaking out. It's not a nice situation to be in.

We've only been here a year and I would like to stay another year at least before moving. We don't want to feel like we're being forced out just because he can't be considerate to others.
Old 6th July 2019, 12:13
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Yes. It's the way of things, sadly. Hope you manage to get it resolved.
Old 6th July 2019, 13:45

^ Thanks Mo. I hope you make some progress too!
Old 6th July 2019, 14:46

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_
No I don't think that they do. When the lady from environmental health met with our neighbour to speak to him she just said that other neighbours had approached her about the noise, obviously not saying who.

Our neighbour knows it's us because we bang on his ceiling when he is noisy. All he does is knock back though.
Your neighbour was visited by environmental health and he still hasn't changed his behaviour?!

I would be tempted to put a note under his door saying "please stop hoovering at night!"
Old 6th July 2019, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
Your neighbour was visited by environmental health and he still hasn't changed his behaviour?!

I would be tempted to put a note under his door saying "please stop hoovering at night!"
Yup, we went down the note route before we contacted the council, explaining that the noise late at night was disturbing us and stopping us from sleeping. He ignored it so we then got the council involved. She has explained to him that between the hours of 11am-7am he is not to be making excessive noise. He seemed to quieten down a bit for two weeks or so but is slowly going back to doing whatever he wants. He's been away since Friday night and hasn't come back yet, it's been pure bliss.
Old 6th July 2019, 18:39

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
^ Thanks

Quote:
It's usually pretty easy for them to find out who has been complaining. Then you've got the confrontation element, the potential repercussions from speaking out. It's not a nice situation to be in.

We've only been here a year and I would like to stay another year at least before moving. We don't want to feel like we're being forced out just because he can't be considerate to others.
This may have already been answered so forgive if I've missed it.

Have you both considered contacting your local papers and your local MP's? If you've both gone down the official routes they might be more plausible options.
Old 6th July 2019, 19:31

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Yup, we went down the note route before we contacted the council, explaining that the noise late at night was disturbing us and stopping us from sleeping. He ignored it so we then got the council involved. She has explained to him that between the hours of 11am-7am he is not to be making excessive noise. He seemed to quieten down a bit for two weeks or so but is slowly going back to doing whatever he wants. He's been away since Friday night and hasn't come back yet, it's been pure bliss.
He quite clearly isn't a decent person! I would be mortified if someone from environmental health came round because I was disturbing the neighbours. You must be enjoying the peace and quiet
Old 6th July 2019, 19:51
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Feel like I want a random adventure! Hope I'm able to get at least a break away somewhere this year.
Old 6th July 2019, 20:56
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^ Hope you manage to I'd really love to bugger off somewhere but no chance . Apart from a bit more dog sitting.
--------

Tired and sunburnt. Walked the Chichester Canal to Chichester Harbour, not a hard walk but the sun was beating down. About 4 or 5 miles in all. Lovely and quiet on the 2nd part, just ducks, coots, cows and the odd heron , well till I got to the harbour anyways.